Vista doesn't print to an old HP Deskjet 870Cse printer (parallelconnection)...

Old October 5th 07, 06:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Phillip Pi

Default Vista doesn't print to an old HP Deskjet 870Cse printer (parallelconnection)...

On 10/5/2007 8:53 AM PT, Saucy wrote:

I got an e-mail reply from Belkin finally, and it is confirmed Vista
won't work with it:

"Hi Ant ,

Thank you for contacting Belkin Technical Support.

We understand that are facing a problem to take a print windows vista.

To resolve the issue,please follow the below instruction

This product doesn`t support windows vista and we don`t have any
drivers for this product. We have a driver for 2000, Xp, 98SE.

If you need further assistance please feel free to write back to us
and we will be happy to assist you.

Ant, if you have any other questions or problems you may also call us
toll free at 800-223-5546 (Extn. 21). Alternatively, call us on 310
898 1100 Ext. 21.

Regards,

Vincent Connors
Belkin Technical Support"

There's more than one way to skin a cat. Ask your network supply guy
about a 'CAT5 crossover cable' .

Saucy

Or easier, buy a new printer that supports Vista and start using USB.
--
Phillip Pi
Senior Software Quality Assurance Analyst
Old October 5th 07, 06:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Default Vista doesn't print to an old HP Deskjet 870Cse printer (paral

"see how many problems people are haveing with vista..its a nightmare
os"
Not a nightmare at all at all.
Windows Vista works very well for many.

However in the narrow view of a support newsgroup it may appear
Windows Vista is more troubled that it is just like the human race
would look bad as viewed from inside a hospital.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"wheelman" wrote in message
do a restart,,if it does not reconize it..go to hp.com and see if
they have
updated software or a fix for vista..my printer is hp..usb and it
worked with
vista.with no problem.but you see how many problems people are
haveing with
vista..its a nightmare os..

"Dave" wrote:

Does the printer show up in the Printers folder in control panel?
If it
does, is it set as the default printer?
Does the printer support a USB connection?

"Ant" wrote in message
Hello.

I have an old college friend who has a fairly new Gateway
computer from
April/May 2007. It came with Windows Vista. She has a printing
problem
with her old HP Deskjet 870Cse printer (parallel connection).

She bought a Belkin USB Parallel Printer Adapter (part number
F5U002v1).
She says the box doesn't say Vista support. Is this a problem? I
don't
think it is since it is just a cable adapter.

When she tries to print, Vista saves as a XPS file and not send
to the
printer. I read that XPS is like PDF. It sounds like Vista
doesn't have
her printer connected (asked her to check -- I hope she knows how
to find
it).

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/bpd04246.pdf for the PDF
manual.

Based on
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...=61012&lang=en
... Vista knows about this printer so no downloaded driver
needed.

I am helping her through e-mails since she isn't close by for me
to visit.

Any ideas? Thank you in advance.
--
"I am afraid that I am convinced that a community of human beings
is a far
| |o o| | Ant's Quality Foraged Links (AQFL):
http://aqfl.net
\ _ / Remove ANT from e-mail address:
NT
( ) or

Old October 5th 07, 06:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Jupiter Jones [MVP]

It seems like a good time to get a newer printer.
Adapters are possible, but they often do not work.

Old October 5th 07, 08:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Phillip Pi

Yeah, I told her to forget all these cables and adapter. She has a new
machine that doesn't come with parallel ports. She might as well get a
new cheap printer that works under Vista. Beside newer printers are
faster and better.

Old October 12th 07, 02:05 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
huwyngr

In article , Ant wrote:

What is/are the URL(s) to the USB to parallel adapter discussion(s)?

Sorry I can't pull them out of the air. But go to the Print & Scan
folder in PCHardware on Compuserve at

http://community.compuserve.com/n/pf...=ws-pchardware

and use Advanced Search and you should find messages listed.

If you are not already logged onto Compuserve you just have to log in
with an AIM name and a password.

Old October 12th 07, 02:12 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]

Well, I am able to Print to my HP 840c using parallel and USB just fine.
Have you tried using another driver thats closest to HP 870c and see if it
will work?
--
Andre
Blog: http://adacosta.spaces.live.com
"huwyngr" wrote in message
.. .

Old October 13th 07, 01:20 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
huwyngr

I don't have the problem being discussed -- which incidentally is not
getting USB or parallel to work but getting USB to Parallel adapters to
work between a USB computer and a parallel printer.

I was just answering a question put to me..

Old October 17th 07, 10:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
huwyngr

Not my problem -- I don't use that printer. I was answering a question
about a reference I made to information on a Compuserve Forum.