Install Vista on Sata HDD

Old November 15th 06, 06:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Guest

Default Install Vista on Sata HDD

I heard that Vista RC2 can't recognize Sata HDD if it is installed when
starts system from DVD-Rom. So how about RTM versin?

And I can't find the drivers for Vista for my Creative Webcam Live and
Samsung SCX-4100 printer. Someone said I may use those drivers for Winxp
64bit, but others said it might cause "blue screen". I wonder which one is
true? What can I do?

Thanks.

Old November 15th 06, 07:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
DCR

Vista RC2 installed just fine on 1st partition of 2nd of 2 SATA HDDs.

Old November 15th 06, 07:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Dave B.

Has nothing to do with SATA, it depends on the motherboard chipset and the
IDE controller.
This is nothing new, XP and 2000 are the same way, you may need to provide a
driver during installation.

Old November 15th 06, 07:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Richard Urban

1. You need to install the SATA drivers before you continue with
installing the operating system. Press F6 when told to do so. Have them
available of a floppy disk, USB drive or CD to continue.

2. Try them. See if it works. Somebody has to be first! Then report back
here to tell others of your experience.

--

Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from George Ankner:

Old November 18th 06, 07:39 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Nero

You CANNOT install"SATA"DRIVERS if they areNOT for vista.
I never "installed""SATA"drivers.
I had NO problem with RC1/RC2, both had built in "sata"drivers.

Old November 18th 06, 02:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Richard Urban

"Nero" wrote in message
You CANNOT install"SATA"DRIVERS if they areNOT for vista.
I never "installed""SATA"drivers.
I had NO problem with RC1/RC2, both had built in "sata"drivers.

I am using the WinXP SATA drivers from Asus to install Vista on my A7N8X2.0
Deluxe. They work fine.

Old November 18th 06, 02:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Theo

Whether you need SATA drivers or not depends on your
specific MB and the BIOS. The Asus A8V requires RAID
drivers regardless of whether you configure a RAID or not
because the BIOS does not have a 'SATA' option. The MSI
K8T800Pro does not need a RAID driver if you set the option
to 'SATA' in the BIOS. If you have a RAID configured. or if
you just have the BIOS set to 'RAID' then you must have RAID
drivers.

So, it is not a black and white situation. Some systems
need the system peculiar RAID drivers to install XP or
Vista, and some don't.