Clean Install of Vista Home Premium

Old November 17th 06, 09:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Jerry

Default Clean Install of Vista Home Premium

I'm presently running Win XP Home (OEM Version with Gateway 2.6 GHZ
Desktop). Is it possible to do a clean install of Win Vista Home Premium
using the upgrade version, or will I have to do an upgrade? Will Vista
reqognize my OEM Win XP disk as proof of ownership?

Thanks in advance,
Jerry

Scanned by Norton AntiVirus 2007

Old November 17th 06, 10:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Josh

Yes the upgrade version will allow you to do a "clean" install.

--
Josh
http://windowsconnected.com

Old November 18th 06, 05:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Roy Coorne

Josh schrieb:
Yes the upgrade version will allow you to do a "clean" install.

Yes, indeed:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/getready/upgradeinfo.mspx
Old November 18th 06, 05:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Ed.

Thanks for the link. I was also interested in knowing about this. It still
isn't clear to me if doing a clean install using a Vista Upgrade what you
need. Do you need an XP CD to verify you are entitled to an upgrade clean
install such has been the practice in the past?

Thanks,
Ed.

Old November 18th 06, 10:27 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Roy Coorne

Ed. schrieb:
Thanks for the link. I was also interested in knowing about this. It still
isn't clear to me if doing a clean install using a Vista Upgrade what you
need. Do you need an XP CD to verify you are entitled to an upgrade clean
install such has been the practice in the past?

Thanks,
Ed.

That's an important question, indeed! It was John Barnes who posted on
11-13-2006 in m.p.w.vista.general Re Vista Upgrade/Full (and I do
hope he allows the quotation):
"You might run into a space problem since my understanding is that the
CD will no longer qualify, it must be an installed and activated
system, so you would need another partition to clean install to. Just
a caution at this point but it was made by a Microsoft employee."

I look forward to a definite clarification...

Roy

Old November 18th 06, 04:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Roy Coorne

Roy Coorne schrieb:
Ed. schrieb:
Thanks for the link. I was also interested in knowing about this. It
still isn't clear to me if doing a clean install using a Vista Upgrade
what you need. Do you need an XP CD to verify you are entitled to an
upgrade clean install such has been the practice in the past?

Thanks,
Ed.

That's an important question, indeed! It was John Barnes who posted on
11-13-2006 in m.p.w.vista.general Re Vista Upgrade/Full (and I do hope
he allows the quotation):
"You might run into a space problem since my understanding is that the
CD will no longer qualify, it must be an installed and activated system,
so you would need another partition to clean install to. Just a caution
at this point but it was made by a Microsoft employee."

I look forward to a definite clarification...

Roy

See also the posting by Carey Fritsch [MVP] Re Upgrade licence
question today at 03:37 in m.p.windowsxp.general who states that

"With the upgrade version of Windows Vista, no more inserting
the legacy CD for detection. It does compliance checking for
a legacy version of a Windows installation so setup needs to be
started from within Windows to be able to use the upgrade version."
(Quoted not without permission, I hope;-)

The terminology of Microsoft may be disturbing, at least to overseas
customers, as 'upgrading' is used for both 'upgrading a computer with
a new Windows version' and 'upgrading by means of an upgrade version
of Windows'. Sort of;-)

Roy
Old November 18th 06, 10:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Ed.

Thanks for the reply and will look for that post you mentioned by John
Barnes.

I am hoping that if you have to have XP installed to update from for a clean
install that when they say to another partition, I hope it can be on another
drive. I don't know how it will go. I will keep watching here and maybe we
will get more definite info about it. So the way it sounds is that it will
upgrade to another partition and then when done, delete the XP partition
that it upgraded from so we don't have a dual boot?

If so, that wouldn't be too bad cause what I am looking for is a clean
install and have nothing but Vista on the drive.

Thanks Again,
Ed.

Old April 8th 09, 10:53 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
coolone610

I would like to tell you that you can formate your drive (**** This wil
remove all the data of your drive) and you can directly install Vista on
your computer. and as far as it is concern to your Xp licence, you can
obtained it from Microsft customer service ( iun any cas , you will need
of it )

--
coolone610

'noleggio auto firenze'