How do I get my ATI 9600 TX to work with Vista

Old November 18th 06, 11:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Charles

Default How do I get my ATI 9600 TX to work with Vista

All I get is that it installed fine, but the device wont start....

Thia is what I get in Properties:
"Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code
43)"

I have already let windows sort it from updates, but no joy, so I went to
the ATI site & downloaded the latest driver version that also said it was
for Vista, but still no joy....

I am now getting severe withdrawals from normally using my twin monitors...

What gives...?

Old November 19th 06, 02:21 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
JW

The latest driver version from the ATI website requires Vista RC2 or later
and may also require the latest BIOS update for your MOBO. Does your
installation satisfy both of these requirements and did you download the
corect drivers for your system OS either the 32 bit version(X86) or the 64
bit version?

Old November 19th 06, 07:42 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Charles

Am using rtm... & the 32 bit drivers only, am on the latest bios too

The pre-install prog only moaned about norton av & Zonealarm when run from
XP, so I have neither installed on this clean vista install on a new
drive.... it didn't even remark on my ati card or driver...

it's just my luck....

Old November 20th 06, 01:02 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Charles

Seems a common problem....

http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/...1518&SiteID=17

Old November 20th 06, 10:03 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Jeppe

"Charles" wrote in message
All I get is that it installed fine, but the device wont start....

Thia is what I get in Properties:
"Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems.
(Code 43)"

I have already let windows sort it from updates, but no joy, so I
went to the ATI site & downloaded the latest driver version that also
said it was for Vista, but still no joy....

I am now getting severe withdrawals from normally using my twin
monitors...

What gives...?

I had the infamous 43 problem with RC2. I only got through it by rolling
back and using the bundled drivers. Currently I'm using Vista RTM with
ATI drivers and everything works fine.