Old January 1st 09, 08:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
The Max[_2_]

Default Forgot Password in Vista Home Premium

On Thu, 1 Jan 2009 13:46:11 -0000, "Brian Clegg"
wrote:

but hes saying he cant get past the logon screen cos no password so how can
he enable the built in administrator account to log in from that then reset
his password for the normal user account

You're absolutely right! I have no idea what I was thinking about
when I replied. I left out an important part. Thanks for bringing it
up.

If the OP is still looking for a fix - and I doubt it since it's been
so long - entering Safe Mode and logging in as Administrator will
enable going to the user account area and changing the password on the
problem account.

To enter Safe Mode, repeatedly tap the F8 key a couple times a second
during bootup or a system restart BEFORE Windows starts to load.

Max

"The Max" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 13:48:03 -0800, ZuAb
wrote:

Hello all

Recently I've got a laptop wich came with WIndos Vista HOme Premium
installed. I decided to put a Password in my administrator account, but
I've
forgotten it...And there is no other open account, just the administrator
one
of wich I've lost the password - I didn't create a pssword reset disk.

Is there anything I can do? Can You please Help me?

Enable the hidden Administrator account,

http://lifehacker.com/341521/enable-...trator-account

Logoff, logon using that account, reset your own account's password.