DWA-547 D-link Wireless

Old June 16th 07, 07:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Captain Roberts

Default DWA-547 D-link Wireless

"Roman" wrote in message
I have DWA 547 ... is this driver for 542 working also for 547?

I don't know. I wonder why D-link doesn't list the DWA 547? See

Old June 16th 07, 10:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Barb Bowman

where did you find the driver? what does it show in device manager?

On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 11:35:00 -0700, Roman
wrote:

Hm, actually, I have finally found the driver(not with windows update) but
when I install it, it says it can't turn the device on. The driver is correct
and the most current one but it still can't turn on. The card itself seems to
be active (the light is on) but I can't use it.

"Roman" wrote:

Well, I just can't find any driver for this piece of hardware. I tried it via
windows update and I was not successful. When I tried to search some forum
topics I couldn't find any reply that would help me. Or is the driver
available now?

"Barb Bowman" wrote:

what problems are you having exactly?

On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 05:00:02 -0700, Roman
wrote:

Does it count for Vista 64-bit too? Since I had problems with it

"Barb Bowman" wrote:

You need to connect via a hard wired adapter with the wireless still
in the machine. Windows Update will pull down a working driver for
the wireless card. Don't shoot the messenger.

On Thu, 3 May 2007 05:39:47 -0500, Windblade
wrote:

i have the same problem so i'm hoping that some one have found a
solution to the problem

Plz some one
--

Barb Bowman
MS Windows-MVP

Old June 18th 07, 04:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Roman

Ok now it appears I finally solved my driver problem, I've downloaded soem
Atheros driver for my card, version 7.2.0.299 or something (maybe newer) and
it identifies and turns on my device. BUT the card keeps freezing my system.
I have both XP and Vista installed and it freezes both of them. After some
time of running, Windows just freeze and I have to reset. Is this caused by a
wrong driver version?
I tried to download drivers via Windows Update (with UTP cable connected)
but it found NOTHING. I would really love to use this card but I can't since
my working on PC is limited by that freezing.
Also it freezes less often in XP then Vista, in XP it is cca every 3 hour,
in Vista after 10 minutes (sometimes when it starts, it freezes)

Old June 18th 07, 05:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Barb Bowman

what computer?
anything in the event logs?
this sounds like some kind of hardware conflict.

Old June 18th 07, 06:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Roman

My computer:
AMD Athlon64 X2 4200+
1 GB RAM
motherboard: Gigabyte M9SLI-s4 (I'm not sure about the specification)
graphic card: nvidia GeForce 7600GS
I've read some forum posts and it appears this is quite usual problem...but
if it's hardware conflict, well, then I'll have to send the adapter back...

Old June 18th 07, 06:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Barb Bowman

anything in event logs?
I can't tell you for sure that it is a hardware conflict, but it is
possible.

one thing that concerns me is that you refer to a driver that you
found, but are unable to pull down the correct Vista driver from
Windows Update.

can you go into device manager and display this NIC and then Update
Driver? what happens?

Old June 18th 07, 06:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Roman

When I try to update the device driver with Windows Update, it says the one I
have is the most current one (after installed that Atheros one)
But when I didn't have any driver isntalled, it just simply couldn't find
any driver for it. You told me about using Windows Update to get the Vista
driver but it didn't find any for me.

Old June 18th 07, 07:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Barb Bowman

I'm wondering if the card itself is defective at this point. It's
really hard to tell at this point, but you have two symptoms. I
don't know how long you've had this card. any chance of exchanging
it?

Old June 18th 07, 07:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Roman

It's new (have it for one week cca) and works. In XP, it works but sometimes
my system freeze. In Vista, it freeze more often. I'll probably send it back
and buy another one or exchange this one :/

Old June 18th 07, 09:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Barb Bowman

is there any information in the event logs or not?