Vista Banter

-   Music, Pictures and Video with Vista (http://www.vistabanter.com/music-pictures-video-vista/)
-   -   my pictures folder (http://www.vistabanter.com/77008-my-pictures-folder.html)

geniemagic October 6th 07 01:01 PM

my pictures folder

-- When I go to my picture folder...the pictures are not displayed...so I
cant see each picture...just thumnails...anyone know what i can do to correct
this..... It is making me crazy.... sincerely

vcampeau October 23rd 07 07:04 PM

my pictures folder

Have you figured this out, because it's driving me up the wall too! Please
help me if you've figured it out!

Adam Albright October 23rd 07 07:23 PM

my pictures folder

"geniemagic" wrote:

-- When I go to my picture folder...the pictures are not displayed...so I
cant see each picture...just thumnails...anyone know what i can do to correct
this..... It is making me crazy.... sincerely

If you are using Windows Explorer and see a bunch of thumbnails a
single click with just advance to the next one. To see the picture
larger you need to launch Photo Galley or some other viewer. This
should happen automatically if you double click on any supported image
type like JPEG. If you don't see that happening either there is no
application associated with the file type you're trying to open which
likely would mean you would see any thumbnail either.

If you are browsing picture from Photo Galley to see them larger,
double click on one where you want to start then the next one using
Photo Gallery's controls should show the next and following images
larger. How large depends on your settings and if or not the window
you have Photo Galley open in is full size or smaller.

Lastly if by thumbnails you see the SAME thumbnail regardless what
image you click on you don't have Windows Explorer set up correctly.

Under Views be sure you have selected one of the ICON choices and
under Tools Folder Options then View you do NOT have Always show
icons, never thumbnails checked.

As you can see poor word choices since under View icons MEANS show
thumbnails, while under folder options Vista refers to icons meaning
placeholder or just a image that represents a certain file type, not
actual thumbnails of your images.

Dave October 23rd 07 08:32 PM

my pictures folder

Open Pictures
click on Organize - Folder and Search Options - View
uncheck "Always show icons, never thumbnails"
Apply
OK

vcampeau October 25th 07 05:18 AM

my pictures folder

OMG! I want to give you a big sloppy kiss for letting me know how to fix
that!! How silly that was to have to go through all that to see your
thumbnail versions of your pictures...ugh..how frustrating..thank you so
much!!

bugaboomom February 26th 08 11:22 PM

my pictures folder

You are so incredibly awesome!!! The post before yours didn't make any sense
to me because I couldn't find "tools" in the pictures window. You were a lot
more clear on your instructions. I've been having problems seeing my
pictures in my pictures folder for a while now and my husband and I could not
figure it out! I thought my pictures were lost forever! We were able to see
them in the Windows Gallery, but I use the pictures folder a lot more. Thank
you, thank you, thank you!!!
--
bugaboomom

chaznyc June 2nd 10 01:58 PM

my pictures folder

Hey man you were right on the money here!
I had the same problem as the others.
I couldn't follow Adam Albright's confusing and rambling post (tools? where??)
Glad I read your clear simple fix-it because I was about to throw in the
towel.
Cheers and Thank you

One last thing...DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW OR WHY THIS CHANGE FROM THUMBNAIL VIEW
TO ICONS ONLY HAPPENS? I am the only one using this computer and definitely
DID NOT check mark the "Always show icons, never thumbnails" box that changed
every picture on my computer.

IronBriefcase September 24th 11 04:47 PM

I did not find the path you have suggested.