Creative Soundblaster Live!5.1

Old November 20th 06, 10:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Eduard Wustenveld

Default Creative Soundblaster Live!5.1

Hello,

Does anyone know how to install the Creative Soundblaster live!5.1 on Vista?
I'm running RC1 right now and it doesn't recognise my soundcard. I have
searched the creative website and the microsoft website but haven't found a
sollution yet.

I hope someone knows how to do this, thanks for any information!

Eduard

Old November 21st 06, 01:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
dev

http://ask.americas.creative.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=ww_english_add,U={B8F60310-DA4F-11D3-94F4-00500463020E},Company={CEAE216D-8719-4C00-AC9F-03BC258F7B70},d=1130251443648,VARSET=ws:http://us.creative.com,case=14186
Old November 21st 06, 02:10 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Eduard;
On the link Dev gave, it is listed as "No development planned."
However I have Sound Blaster Live Gamer 5.1 and all the recent builds I have
tried including RC-1, RC-2 and RTM work fine with the Vista native drivers.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

Old November 21st 06, 01:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Pete

Hi Eduard,

You'll need to head over to KXProject Forums to download their driver.
Creative have stated that they will not support the Live! Series of cards
anymore, and so that means no vista support.

These drivers however, will work:

Works with every series of sblive with full 5.1/6.1/7.1/AC3/SPDIF

http://download.kxproject.lugosoft.c...3538l-full.exe

no control pannel yet but you can configure all the sound properties by righ
clicking on the KX icon in the taskbar(next to the
clock)-effects-surrounder+ then setup your preffered settings!

works perfectly for me.

Pete

Old November 21st 06, 04:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Jupiter Jones [MVP]

The native Vista drivers work with my card.
I have the same or similar card as the OP so it is probably not necessary to
go anywhere for the drivers.

Old November 21st 06, 06:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Roscoe

No but I would get the kx drivers. Nice assortment of things you can do
with your soundcard.