Explorer hangs when entering some directories

Old October 7th 07, 10:55 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Neo

Default Explorer hangs when entering some directories

Hello, everybody!

For a few days, I've had the same, reproducable problem. Whenever I enter
certain directories (own pictures,...), Windows Explorer Hangs. After a few
seconds, this is recognised by the system and explorer restarted.

Is there any way to overcome this? I can open the pictures in the Windows
Picture Gallery without problems.

My System: Intel-MB, Core 2 Quad 2,4GHz, 2GB DDR2-800, 2x RAID
1-SATAII-Arrays, GeForce8800GTX AC3 KO
Old October 7th 07, 01:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Malke

Neo wrote:
Hello, everybody!

For a few days, I've had the same, reproducable problem. Whenever I enter
certain directories (own pictures,...), Windows Explorer Hangs. After a few
seconds, this is recognised by the system and explorer restarted.

Is there any way to overcome this? I can open the pictures in the Windows
Picture Gallery without problems.

My System: Intel-MB, Core 2 Quad 2,4GHz, 2GB DDR2-800, 2x RAID
1-SATAII-Arrays, GeForce8800GTX AC3 KO

What changed between the time things worked and the time they didn't?
Did you add any files to those directories? If yes, what type of files?

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
Old October 7th 07, 08:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Neo

Nothing changed. All directories in which this error occurs hold only JPEG
and RAW-photos. I can view every one in the Windows Picture Gallery and even
the Save as.. window.

Thanks for the quick responde.

Bernhard Heinz

Old October 8th 07, 08:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Jeff Richards

Are you displaying the folder contents in thumbnail view, and if so what is
your RAW codec?
--
Jeff Richards
MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)

Old October 8th 07, 04:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Neo

In the "Save as..."-box, I can change to any view and in explorer, it doesn't
matter, it won't work.

Only one of the directories contains RAW-Files and I use the Sony-Codec
supplied with my camera. But in the Picture Gallery, I can view all my
RAW-Files withour problems.

Thanks

Bernhard Heinz

Old January 29th 10, 04:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
nikhildesai0212

this usually happens when you have seleted thumbnail view (large icons)
and applied it to all directories from folder options. try doing the
follow after going in the drive C:/D: or E: whichever having problem and
than,

Change View to List
open Folder options and select Apply Current View to All Directories..
Simple as that. would surely resolve ur problem.. do send me a feeback
if it works as it did for me..

--
nikhildesai0212