Microsoft Media Maker Version 6.0.6000.16386

Old October 7th 07, 05:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
Brian Spencer (UK)[_2_]

Default Microsoft Media Maker Version 6.0.6000.16386

Like John Inzer, I have found that some of my Video Clips get inverted to
show upside down in the movie maker viewer screen. I have gone through all
the menu's but cannot find a command that rotates the clips. It it almost
impossible to edit the clips unless I stand on my head when they go in this
way. Funny part is though, when you publish the clips, the come out the
correct way up?

At 62, it is not doing me any good standing on my head to edit these clips.

If I eventually find the rotate commeand, will they then come out upside
down when I publish the Project??

Old October 7th 07, 05:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
PapaJohn

the command is a video effect...

either the one named 'rotate 180' or 'Mirror, Vertical' applied to the clip
on the timeline should do it. Use the one that makes it look right. Try
publishing a small test clip to see if it stays the way you want it.

updating your video card driver and/or your ActiveX software should be the
longer term resolution.

PapaJohn

"Brian Spencer (UK)" wrote in
message ...

Old October 7th 07, 06:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
John Inzer

Brian Spencer (UK) wrote:
Like John Inzer, I have found that some of my Video Clips get
inverted to show upside down in the movie maker viewer screen.
snip

=======================================
I don't recall saying I had any inverted clips.
What I did say was how to correct it:

The following instructions are for WinXP
MM 2.1 but should offer some clues for
Vista MM6 also.

In Movie Maker...go to "Effects" and
scroll down to "Rotate"...drag/drop the
required effect on the clip that needs
to be rotated.

Or...right click the clip that needs to be
rotated...choose...Video Effects / Scroll
down and select the required effect /
left click the Add button / OK.

More info:

Rotating loses aspect ratio?
http://tinyurl.com/y8htdg

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! -

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Old July 20th 08, 05:55 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
clsdee

Wow, I must be really dense, because this isn't what my Movie Maker in Vista
looks like. Sigh.
When I did find 'effects', either under Tools or below on the screen, I
selected it, but I got a whole page of pretty orange flowers with the effects
described on each one. So, I tried it anyway- I loaded my clip (which is
upside down) and then dragged the Rotate 180 flower over to my player - well,
I got a flower in there and not my clip.
I feel like an idiot, but I can't figure out what you mean at all.
I guess I won't be making any movies on this thing, lol.
Old July 20th 08, 05:59 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
clsdee

Also, if I right click on the movie clip in the window, all I get are
options for full screen or small.

Weird.
Maybe I got a mutant program ;-)

Cindy

Old July 20th 08, 06:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
PapaJohn

My website's Online Tutorials and References page has some links to good
online entry-level help.

You're where we all started... and by tomorrow you'll be ahead of the next
to post.

PapaJohn (MVP)

news