Vista Administration, Accounts and Passwords Queries, comments and issues relating to the administration of Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords)

Windows Mail Password

Old June 24th 08, 08:46 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
dannygallo[_2_]

Default Windows Mail Password

Hi Nonny,

Considering that you have seen my post and that most people get emails
when their posts are replied too, then that would suggest there was a
possibility that someone would see it.

I was fully aware of the dates, but as it allowed me to create a reply
then the post is therefore still open

My post was referring to the fact that Carl had continiously explained
what the problem was and these guys just didn't get it. A 5 yr old
reading that could have figured it out and these guys are supposed to
work for Microsoft. Maybe you do and thats why you're so offended.

Anyway, it has nothing to do with being a bright bulb, does it? Also,
considering that you have time to go round being judgemental, then it
would help if you could actually gave some constructive feedback.

Regards

Danny

--
dannygallo
Old June 24th 08, 03:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
Nonny

On Tue, 24 Jun 2008 03:46:13 -0500, dannygallo
wrote:

Hi Nonny,

Considering that you have seen my post and that most people get emails
when their posts are replied too, then that would suggest there was a
possibility that someone would see it.

I was fully aware of the dates, but as it allowed me to create a reply
then the post is therefore still open

My post was referring to the fact that Carl had continiously explained
what the problem was and these guys just didn't get it. A 5 yr old
reading that could have figured it out and these guys are supposed to
work for Microsoft. Maybe you do and thats why you're so offended.

Sorry bucko, but no one here works for Microsoft except for the very
FEW who add [MSFT] to their sigs.

Everyone else is just a user of MS products.

Old June 24th 08, 08:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
Mick Murphy

Untick to save password when you set it up/
Sooooooo Easyyyyyyy!
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"dannygallo" wrote:

Hi Carl,

What exactly is it that these guys don't understand. Do they actually
work for Microsoft?

Its plain and simple, we want a way to lock the email application
itself, meaning that if somebody tried to open Windows Mail after its
closed, then it will prompt for a password - PLAIN AND SIMPLE!

Why? Because you may want other users to use your profile, rather than
switching profiles but have the added security that they can't go into
your email application and view emails, past and present.

Its most ridiculous that they removed this feature, these guys don't
live in the real world.

I look forward to the day they put this feature back on and start
realising that this is what people WANT!!!

Regards and feeling your frustration too.

Danny

--
dannygallo

Old May 20th 10, 12:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
snowstark

I would just like to say that it is a little short sighted to tell
people to just leave the remember password box blank. I personally have
4 emails attached my account all for different purposes with different
people accessing them on different machines, so they have different
passwords. for me to keep it secure on my machine i would have to sign
into each and every one when i logged on, not efficient. so just give
people the damn password on application start. and yes i know this is
outdated i only posted because if was the first forum i found with the
problem because disagree also.

--
snowstark