WMDC & Cingular 2125

Old November 23rd 06, 02:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Matthew McDermott

Default WMDC & Cingular 2125

All,

I got it working. After trying every other suggestion this is the
combination that worked for me.

I discovered that Windows Live One Care was shutting down the connection by
setting my firewall to "restricted". I turned off my wireless, changed my
firewall settings to NOT "Automatically change my firewall protection..." and
everything started working.

Specific steps...

1) Download and install the beta
(http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/t...displayLang=en)

2) Disconnect wireless and turn off the firewall
3) Connect the phone with USB. Watch for security warnings and permit the
app to run. (At this point I received a HUGE error message that the
application stopped working "Exception trying to display the license
agreement").
4) Disconnect the phone and reconnect.
5) Accept License agreement.
6) WMDC opens and connects to phone.

Complete synch.

One additional note...I saw another post about setting up the phone for
Exchange. That can be done through WDMC (but I would only do that if you NEED
to be attached to your PC to synch, the preferred method is to have the phone
synch directly through ActiveSynch connections.) Then only use the direct
connection to synch Files, Media, and OneNotes.

Now if I could only get the ROM update to work!

Happy Thanksgiving.

--
Matthew McDermott
Principal Consultant

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com... dware_devices
Old November 23rd 06, 02:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Matthew McDermott

BTW,

I just noticed in my updates that there is are two updates for "Windows
Mobile Device Center".

Back to the turkey.

--
Matthew McDermott
Principal Consultant

Old November 23rd 06, 04:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Bill Walter

What version number do you have for WMDC after the updates. Mine list as
6.0..6526 but I don't think I have gotten any updates.

Bill Walter

"Matthew McDermott" wrote in
message ...

"Matthew McDermott" wrote:

[...]

suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the
"I
this
link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and
then

Old November 24th 06, 12:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Matthew McDermott

Bill,,

Same, 6526, maybe the beta couses it to appear to be updated...don't know.

Did you try shutting down the firewall?