ATI TV Wonder USB 2.0

Old November 24th 06, 02:47 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
John

Default ATI TV Wonder USB 2.0

Has anyone gotten an ATI TV Wonder USB 2.0 to work with Vista? There are
apparently no Vista drivers from ATI for this, but I was able to install the
XP drivers. Everything looks okay in Device Manager, but when I launch Media
Center and try to configure the TV settings Vista crashes and reboots.
Old November 24th 06, 06:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Tom Lake

"John" wrote in message
Has anyone gotten an ATI TV Wonder USB 2.0 to work with Vista? There are
apparently no Vista drivers from ATI for this, but I was able to install
the
XP drivers. Everything looks okay in Device Manager, but when I launch
Media
Center and try to configure the TV settings Vista crashes and reboots.

It worked for me in RC2 but simply can't find a compatible TV tuner in RTM
(no crashes).
I guess we'll have to wait for ATI to come up with the drivers.

Tom Lake

Old November 24th 06, 07:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
John

It looks as though I've fixed the crashing problem.

I noticed that Vista kept telling me that I had a device that was capable of
using USB 2.0, but wasn't connected to a high-speed port. Weird, because I
know my motherboard uses USB 2.0. I looked in the BIOS, and found that the
high-speed feature was turned off on my USB ports. I changed it so that the
ports would run at full-speed, then rebooted and plugged the tuner back in.
Vista re-detected everything, and it all looks okay in Device Manager.

When I launch Media Center and click the option to configure the TV, the
system no longer reboots. However, MC doesn't recognize that I have a tuner
attached. So I've made a little progress, but MC is still of no use to me
because it doesn't recognize the tuner. I don't know if that's a limitation
of MC (I've heard it only supports a handful of tuners), or because the
drivers I used are for XP rather than Vista.