64 Bit

Old October 10th 07, 04:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
nick

Default 64 Bit

I have a 32 bit version of windows vista Home. Is there any way I can get a
free copy of 64 bit vista home or an upgrade disk or anything, I want to go
out and buy windows Ultimate 64 bit but is that the only version that is 64
bit?
Old October 10th 07, 04:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Carey Frisch [MVP]

Ordering Windows Vista 64-bit software media:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvist...a/default.mspx

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Old October 10th 07, 05:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Is your Windows Vista retail or OEM?

If OEM, contact the seller.
However they are unlikely to give you 64 bit.

If retail, you can order 64 bit:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvist...a/default.mspx

One of the many reasons OEM costs less than retail.

Also see:
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/vistaget.htm

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

Old October 10th 07, 05:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Ronnie Vernon MVP

Nick

If you purchased a retail version of Vista, you can get the 64Bit disk at
the following website. You only pay for the shipping. (Usually around 7 USD)

Windows Vista Alternate Media:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvist...a/default.mspx

All versions of Vista are available in 32bit or 64bit.

If this version of Vista came pre-installed on the computer, contact the
system vendor for options on getting the 64bit disk.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

Old October 10th 07, 08:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
nick

It is a OEM Version from HP

I actually ordered a tx1000z and it has home premium 32 bit on it, but I
have 4GB of memory and I need a 64 bit to see it all

Old October 11th 07, 09:25 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
John Barnes

Make sure you can get 64-bit drivers for your computer BEFORE you buy the
64-bit version. You may well find that hardware and software you own will
not work on 64-bit, so be prepared.