HDD wipe utility shareware ?

Old October 10th 07, 09:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Wonderman

Default HDD wipe utility shareware ?

I'm looking for a good and free HDD wipe utility I can run from its own boot
CD. I'm donating a HDD and dont want and cant have the data on the drive
after it leaves my hands. TIA.

Old October 10th 07, 09:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Carey Frisch [MVP]

Visit: www.google.com and search for "free HDD wipe utility".

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Old October 10th 07, 09:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Wonderman

Thanks. Did that. Unfortunately there are literally hundreds of them and I
was seeking the esteemed prior experience of the group. Something that has
worked well for someone else.

Old October 10th 07, 09:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Carey Frisch [MVP]

Download the trial version of DriveScrubber:
http://www.iolo.com/ds/3/

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Old October 10th 07, 10:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Wonderman

Thanks.

The thought occured to me that Maxor and every other mfgr. has a utility to
write zero's to the drive. Isnt that what I am after in the long run ?

Old October 13th 07, 12:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Ace

Darik's Boot and Nuke

http://dban.sourceforge.net/

"Wonderman" wrote in
:

"Wonderman" wrote in message
I'm looking for a good and free HDD wipe utility I can run from its
own boot
CD. I'm donating a HDD and dont want and cant have the data on the
drive after it leaves my hands. TIA.

--
*Reply to newsgroup please.
*Your mileage may vary.