Vista Banter

-   Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista (http://www.vistabanter.com/printing-faxing-scanning-vista/)
-   -   "Scale to fit" print option never works (http://www.vistabanter.com/78023-scale-fit-print-option-never-works.html)

Shaun October 10th 07 09:39 PM

"Scale to fit" print option never works

I have tried it on several printers, previously on XP and now on Vista
Ultimate and it never works.

What I expect it to do is resize an image so that it fits on the page.

What it does is nothing. I doesn't resize the image at all, as far as I can
see, let alone fitting it onto the page.

Am I not using this feature correctly, or is it a bug in Windows that MS
never seem to get around to fixing?

Demmpa October 11th 07 10:03 AM

Shaun skrev:
I have tried it on several printers, previously on XP and now on Vista
Ultimate and it never works.

What I expect it to do is resize an image so that it fits on the page.

What it does is nothing. I doesn't resize the image at all, as far as I can
see, let alone fitting it onto the page.

Am I not using this feature correctly, or is it a bug in Windows that MS
never seem to get around to fixing?

It works for me, in many program and OS.
Win9x-HP_Deskjet_660, Win2k-HP_deskjet_660, Win98se-HP_Laserjet_1200,
Win2k-HP_Laserjet_1200, WinXP_pro-HP_laserjet_1200.

Ie program: IE6, word, excel, PaintShopPro, Omnipage.

--
/
Demmpa

Cari \(MS-MVP\) October 11th 07 05:54 PM

"Scale to fit" print option never works

Make and model of printer(s)?

Works here on Canon ip4300, ip4200, ip6600, i950, i560 and Lexmark Optra S.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows