Performance and Maintainance of Windows Vista A forum for performance and maintenance tasks in Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintainance)

page fault in nonpaged area

Old October 25th 07, 10:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Rick Rogers

Default page fault in nonpaged area

Hi,

Sorry, been away on a business trip. I did get the file and as you surmised
it was empty, no information.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Sugar" wrote in message
I sent the poqexec.log file but it had nothing init (I think) cuz it would
not let me open it up and also i sent you the list of my antivirus
programs
and I tried to shut them off but I think i may have deleated them as they
don`t work now. Sugar

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

Ok, can you now send me the poqexec.log, same conditions as with the
memory
dump.

Also, what Antivirus program do you have installed?

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Sugar" wrote in message
OK I uncompressed the DRVSTORE in System32 I had also deleated my
browsing
history but that is gone now.

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

Hi,

Start by undoing the compression. Trying things hit & miss is very
unlikey
to resolve the problem, but let's start by undoing whatever you've
done
so
far.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Sugar" wrote in message
Yes I found my way into the advanced properties and it said I could
free
up
space to compress zip something and yes I did. I have tried to open
folders
in most of everything but it won`t let me open anything I have tried
browsing
other applications even media center but I still cannot open
anything,
believe I may have compressed this in the last day or two as I have
been
trying anything and everything to stop this blue screen.
"Rick Rogers" wrote:

Hi,

The blue color indicates they are compressed - did you somehow
manage
do
this from the Windows system folder advanced properties? They are
not
normally compressed, or is it just files within that folder?

Have you opened the log file to see what information it may
contain?

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Sugar" wrote in message
I finally can look in C: and in WindowsSystem32DRVSTORE all the
letters
are in blue print and not black like the rest of the files, why
is
this
in
blue? does this mean anything? also in C:WindowsTemp there has
got
be
bizillion files and most with nothing in them or 0kb ; also in my
problem
report for windows it says Module Installer and files that help
describe
the
problem are poqexec.Log and I found this in C:Windowswinsxs and
it
says
the
files are empty and I could not delete this file. I really really
hope
something in here helps. thanx Sug
"Rick Rogers" wrote:

Ok, I didn't connect that email with you. The event record
doesn't
help.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Sugar" wrote in message
I sent the mini-dump on 10-14 and your reply was content
non-specific
w/Ref.
to Kernel file (ntkrnlpa exe.) I did more checking and don`t
know
how
did
it but I came up with a Summary Page evvent; Source:WerSvc
Event
id:5007
Level: Error Keyword : Classic I don`t know if this is
involved
too
but I
found it somewhere on the computer.
"Rick Rogers" wrote:

Have you sent the minidump file yet? I've not seen it.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Sugar" wrote in message
I stopped my anti-virus,phishing filter,spam filter, and
almost
everything
else connected in that area and still to no avial-Blue
Screen
after
hour
or
two.

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

Hi,

Not all BIOS' will have the option, it's dependent on
manufacturer.
OEMs
in
particular modify the instruction set to limit alteration
by
the
end
user.
The error, as stated with the originator of this thread,
is a
driver
issue.
Check the event viewer to see if a module is listed as
being
involved.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"radakaiman" wrote
in
message
I'm getting the same type of error...

page fault in nonpaged area
Problem signatu
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 50
BCP1: F524D880
BCP2: 00000000
BCP3: 81CE7527
BCP4: 00000002
OS Version: 6_0_6000
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

I don't have an option to disable rom shadowing in my
bios?
Any thoughts , possible a program i have installed?
"Rick Rogers" wrote:

Hi Sugar,

Click start, type "Windows Explorer". Right click the
entry
that
appears
in
the start menu and select 'run as administrator'. Click
continue
at
the
UAC
prompt. Click in the address bar of Windows Explorer,
then
type
"C:\Windows\minidump" and hit enter. You should see a
collection
of
files
that start with "minixxxxxx-xx" where the x's are the
creation
date
of
the
file. I need you to send the one that is dated most
recently
(just
right
click it and use 'send to/email').

If you cannot see the files I am referring to, click
start
and
type
'control
folders' and hit enter. On the second (view) tab
there
are
number
of
options to check and uncheck. Click the line to "show
hidden
files
and
folders", and uncheck the box that hides operating
system
files.
Then
go
back and repeat the steps above.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Sugar" wrote in
message
I have no ideal what look under C:/ windows/minidump
means!
But
when
this
computer blue screens I go to Problem Reporting in my
control
panel
and
it
shows Windows Modules
Inst...WINDOWS-WCP-OTHER-FAILU...
AND
WHEN
VIEW
THE
PROBLEM IT SAYS Windows Module Installer Os
version:6.0.6000
File:Base/xml/udom_microdom.cpp
Function:RTlcreatemicrodon
Line:4493 Status:c000a083
OSVersion:6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Local
ID:1033 Files that help describe the problem
poqexec.log
Cbs.log Memory.hdmp Minidump.mdmp I hope
this
is
what
you
need
because most of the last reply I didnot and do not
know
what
you
are
asking
for. Sugar

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

Hi,

There's always hope. Look under C:\Windows\minidump
for
the
most
recently

Old October 25th 07, 10:40 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Rick Rogers

You might try uninstalling the AVG and antispyware application for the
moment. To be honest with you, at this point I would be putting it on my
workbench for more formal scanning from outside the OS using a tool like
BartPE and memory diagnostics. Whatever is corrupting your system is masking
itself sufficiently to make detection difficult when working from within
Windows.

Just for s&g, download and run HiJackThis from
http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/programs.php and right click the file,
choose 'run as administrator'. It will create another log file. Please send
this to me.

Old April 6th 10, 04:05 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Cybersquirt

Am having issues but am more curious as to how to view these .dmp files.
Am running the (satanspawn) AVG. Viewer suggestions?

--
Cybersquirt