Old January 25th 09, 07:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
NMCI

Default continuous data transfer to IP 224.0.0.252

Good be a number of things... Spyware comes to my mind first.

You have several options here from my view

1) Look into a firewall Mcafee or Norton and add the IP to the block list.
Also you could find out what program is sending the information and delete it.

2) Get a spyware scanner... I dont really like these scanners but I belive
they do work and it may delete the spyware for you.

3) You could go oldschool and format your entire drive /reinstall. This will
stop anything from going to that IP ever again! :P

"Safai" wrote:

Good day all,

I have realized that my PC is continually sending data to the IP address
224.0.0.252.
Why and how can I stop this?

Thanks a lot,
Morteza

P.S. my configuration: Vista Ultimate SP1, IE7, wired modem router, ADSL
(PPPoE) internet connection