Old January 26th 09, 04:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
Safai

Default continuous data transfer to IP 224.0.0.252

Thank you very much Lance. Your trick (group policy) solved the problem.

Thank you all for the input
SAFAI

"Lance" wrote in message
Safai wrote the following on 1/25/2009 12:16:
Good day all,

I have realized that my PC is continually sending data to the IP address
224.0.0.252.
Why and how can I stop this?

Thanks a lot,
Morteza

P.S. my configuration: Vista Ultimate SP1, IE7, wired modem router, ADSL
(PPPoE) internet connection

224.0.0.252 is a multicast address limited to your local subnet. It could
be your Vista computer is using Link-Local Multicast Name Resolution
(LLMNR) to find other computers on the local network. LLMNR broadcasts use
this IP address.

Further info:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Link-lo...ame_Resolution

Disable LLMNR: