Windows Live Mail and Windows Calender

Old October 11th 07, 11:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
makaiman

Default Windows Live Mail and Windows Calender

Is it possible to integrate the built in Windows Calender (in the Vista
Ultimate version I have for example) with Windows Live Hotmail and perhaps to
customize the calender by importing contacts from Windows Live Mail into the
Windows Calender? I understand that Live mail has its own calender, but if
any internet connection fails, the calender is always there and would like to
have my contacts in their as well. Can this feature be brought in?
Old October 12th 07, 12:02 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]

No, you can't share data between Windows Live Hotmail calendar and Windows
Vista's Calendar. Rumor is they are working on eventually integrating the
two though. You can share the Windows Live Hotmail Calendar with Office
Outlook 2007s calendar if you have a Hotmail Plus account.
--
Andre
Blog: http://adacosta.spaces.live.com

Old October 12th 07, 12:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
makaiman

Actually there is a way... if you download the windows live mail web-based
desktop and drag your contacts and sort them in your calender, from the
source-code within the registry, done deal. Most people however, can't read
the keys and retrieve the code built into Windows Calender. This integration
feature will be unique once they do do it, but as in Windows, there are many
avenues to travel to arrive at a given destination...

Old October 12th 07, 05:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]

You might want to check out this new service coming called Windows Live
Events which is expected work with various Calendar services:

Old October 12th 07, 06:32 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
makaiman

you mentioned, "Window Live Hotmail Calender, but didn't read what I wrote. I
said Windows Live Mail Desktop that becomes loca\live. With this and the
source-code within the registry, you can integrate Windows "Live" Mail
Desktop with Windows "built-in" Calender in Vista. NOT the Windows Live
Hotmail Calender as you mentioned...I even brought in my contacts from
Google, Yahoo, and AOL into the built in Windows local Calender...