Old January 29th 09, 05:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Rojo Habe[_3_]

Default Mouse pointer jumps

You can probably disable the touchpad in the Device Manager (under "Mice and
other pointing devices") if you're sure you're never going to use it.
Otherwise you should just be able to disable the tapping feature. There
should be a separate tab in the mouse properties for the touchpad.
Depending on the manufacturer it may say "Synaptics", "Alps", or just
"Touchpad". My Fujitsu just says "Stick" (it doesn't have a touchpad, just
a little joystick thing in the middle of the keyboard). In there somewhere
should be an option that says "use tap" or something like that.
Alternatively there may well be a Taskbar icon for the touchpad, in which
case you may be able to find an option on the right-click menu to turn it
off.

"jinks" wrote in message

Mine is plain blue and I have tried different ones. It seems that when
I put the mat over the touchpad it works better and doesn't jump
arround. Can someone tell me how to disable the touchpad? In the mouse
properties in doesn't give me the option to disable it. It has a
disable button but will not disable.

--
jinks