Old February 4th 09, 04:40 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
keisaa

Default Can I disable "Grouping" in Vista's Windows explorer??

Hi

Having searched for a solution some time, too, I found this
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...-573a88410eb6/
discussion, and marked out the fact, which com64 pointed out: *Apply to
all folders OF THIS TYPE*.

I checked and customized the folder type, disabled grouping, edited
tags in details view, and it seems to work. Haven't boot the computer
yet, though.

This article
http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/fi...windows-vista/
had also some useful registry keys.

Hope these will help.

Most of the time I prefer Vista over XP, but there's some annoying
features. I like Office 2007 over older versions, too, but there's also
some stuff, which were - in my opinion - better in Office2003 (like
categories and advanced search in Outlook, user interface in Access..).
Haven't tried Windows 7 yet - mainly because of the hussle with
bootmanager in WinXP,Vista,Win2k8 multi-boot - but I've heard, it's not
bad.

--
keisaa
keisaa's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/keisaa.htm