Old February 13th 09, 02:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
MacPE6

Default "HID data has stopped working" - bluetooth mouse error

Hyosaburo;3980436 Wrote:
I was having the same problem with my bluetooth microsoft wireless
notebook presenter mouse 8000. The problem is created by an application
in the HP quick launch Buttons. I removed the application from the
launch buttons.

go to:

C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch Buttons

move the following files to a backup folder on your computer:

HidActn.dll
Hiddata
PushHid.dll

Then restart you computer and you should not have the errors and the
other things on your laptop should still be available.

I have also learned a great deal from this site and have also
registered so I can become smarter as well. This fix is the fix and
works FINE. I have an HP dv7 and had the same "HID data has stopped
working" error while using an old MS wireless elite mouse that has an
usb transmitter. It also kept hanging and I now also know why that did
what it did.

I have Vista 64 bit and the only thing that is different from the
original fix is that you need to go into

C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch Buttons

The rest is the same. I changed all the extensions to .old as well as
making a second back up in a different location.
Thank you!!!!!

--
MacPE6
MacPE6's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/macpe6.htm