Network printer.

Old October 15th 07, 08:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Dave

Default Network printer.

I have a home network on XP with two desktop computers, each with their own
printer... both HP's. I now have a new notebook with Vista. When I try to
print to either of the printers ... the page is printed backwards. HP says
they can fix it ... for a service charge. Me thinks MS should be responsible
since this is a Vista problem. Regardless, I need my new Vista computer to
print. Any help?

dave
Old October 15th 07, 11:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

It's not a Microsoft problem, it's a problem with HP since they write the
drivers. Microsoft are not responsible for HP's errors. Even if the
drivers are included in Vista, HP wrote them.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

Old October 16th 07, 12:19 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Dave

Thanks for responding so quickly,

Is there a work around on this? I can't see why I should have to buy a 2
year service plan with HP to make a perfectly good printer work. The HP
technician said he could show me how to "change some settings" to fix this
problem. What are those settings?

Thanks again.

dave

Old October 16th 07, 12:27 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Bob Headrick

"dave" wrote in message
I have a home network on XP with two desktop computers, each with their
own
printer... both HP's. I now have a new notebook with Vista. When I try
print to either of the printers ... the page is printed backwards. HP
says
they can fix it ... for a service charge. Me thinks MS should be
responsible
since this is a Vista problem. Regardless, I need my new Vista computer
print. Any help?

What model are the printers? When you say the page is printed backwards do
you mean it is a mirror image? Or that the back side of a duplexed print is
upside down?

Regards,
Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging

Old October 16th 07, 12:57 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Dave

Bob,

This great... you guys respond fast.

My two printers are HP Deskjet 3845 and HP psc2175xi. Each is
connected/hardwired to an XP destop that is hardwired to the router. The
Vista notebook of course is wireless.

ref the printing itself: If you were to hold the printed page up to a light
with the ink side facing away from you you could then read the printed
material.

Hope this helps.

Thanks again.

dave

Old October 16th 07, 04:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Dave

Bob,

Thanks for responding.

My printers are HP Deskjet 3845 and HP psc2175xi. Once printed, if one were
to hold the paper up to a light with the printed side toward the light, away
from you, one could then read what was printed.

dave

Old October 20th 07, 05:55 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Bob Headrick

"dave" wrote in message
Bob,

Thanks for responding.

My printers are HP Deskjet 3845 and HP psc2175xi. Once printed, if one
were
to hold the paper up to a light with the printed side toward the light,
away
from you, one could then read what was printed.

I just installed a driver for the DeskJet 3840 series and in the "Finishing"
tab of the printer properties is a checkbox for "Mirror Image". Make sure
this is not set; if it is not try checking it and see if this corrects the
problem. The PSC 2175 may have a similar driver option.

Old October 20th 07, 04:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
HR

I write not to offer an answer but to claim solidarity!

I bought a new Vista notebook last weekend and have HP 3745 printer
networked from my pc. I now get mirror image print via the network,
but normal print when connecting the printer directly to the laptop.
I have checked the driver and emailed HP ( no reply). Changing the
setting MIRROR IMAGE in the preferences setting does not solve the
problem.

I hope there is a solution out there!
Regards
HR

Old October 20th 07, 07:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Dave

HR,

Thanks.

Looks like I'm forced to return the computer to the retailer because of this
problem. Good thing Ford doesn't make cars like MS makes software or we
would all be dead. lol

Thanks again for taking the time to respond.

dave

Old October 21st 07, 12:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Tony

dave wrote:
HR,

Thanks.

Looks like I'm forced to return the computer to the retailer because of this
problem. Good thing Ford doesn't make cars like MS makes software or we
would all be dead. lol

As Cari pointed out, this is not a MS problem. The drivers are written by HP.
Tony