NOBODY having problems with ATI beta drivers?

Old October 16th 07, 07:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
balaban

Default NOBODY having problems with ATI beta drivers?

You know, that issue annoys me to no end. See here, I've got an P4u800-X Asus
MB, 1.5 GB RAM and Sapphire Atlantis Radeon 9600 Pro card with 256 M memory -
and Vista just refused to install it! I got code 43 and no Aero + basic
resolutions. No help from Microsoft, ATI drivers are useless and no one can
offer a clear answer - is it video card? Is it motherboard? Is it my
hyper-threading Prescott P4 3Hz CPU?

"Test0r" wrote:

Come on I know there are others having issues getting their ATI Vista 2 Beta
drivers installed properly, I can't be the only one....

Let's work this out... for me I get this thing in the bottom-right that
comes up saying that there was a problem installing the driver (I had
numerous other errors beforehand, but after uninstalling and re-installing
and deleting various things and moving stuff around its come to this, which
seems like a solution should be right around the corner)

I have a radeon 9550, and the driver won't install - other than that,
everything seems to be running pretty well for a beta!

Anybody else? What ATI card do you have and what kinds of problems are you
running into. Let's figure this out!!

Old October 16th 07, 09:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Peter

Why are you using beta drivers, when the regular drivers are available for
download for Vista x86 and x64?
http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html
I used both those cards with no problem in Vista x86, but have since
switched to nvidia. Better colour rendition.

--
Peter
Toronto, Canada