Old February 18th 09, 06:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
technomann

Default DVD RAM Drive Disappears From Windows Vista

HP Pavillion dv9500 notebook running Vista Home Premium. I installed a
2nd SATA hard drive in bay 2 og the notebook and now my DVD RAM drive
has disappeared from Explorer, Drive Management, and Device Manager. I
swapped out the DVD drive with a new one to rule out hardware failure,
but the problem persists. Does anyone have a clue as to why this has
happened? Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated. I want my DVD drive
back! Thank you.

--
technomann