Old February 18th 09, 08:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Noel Paton

Default DVD RAM Drive Disappears From Windows Vista

Did you check that the BIOS is seeing all attached drives? - if this was a
PATA system, I'd have said that you hadn't set the new HD as slave....
What happens if you detach the new HD? - does your DVD drive re-appear??

--
Noel Paton (MVP 2002-2006)
(CrashFixPC)

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
http://www.crashfixpc.co.uk
"technomann" wrote in message

HP Pavillion dv9500 notebook running Vista Home Premium. I installed a
2nd SATA hard drive in bay 2 og the notebook and now my DVD RAM drive
has disappeared from Explorer, Drive Management, and Device Manager. I
swapped out the DVD drive with a new one to rule out hardware failure,
but the problem persists. Does anyone have a clue as to why this has
happened? Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated. I want my DVD drive
back! Thank you.

--
technomann