Old February 20th 09, 06:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
technomann

Default DVD RAM Drive Disappears From Windows Vista

The BIOS is not that comprehensive. The only place that the DVD drive
appears in the BIOS is in the Boot Order list. I had to set a jumper on
the new 2nd SATA hard drive in order to get it to appear in Explorer or
Device Manager. Otherwise the 2nd hard drive would not appear anywhere.
If I detach the 2nd HD and reboot the DVD drive does NOT re-appear. The
only drive that appears then is the original hard drive. Is this a
problem with the 2 SATA hard drives configuration? A problem with IDE
ATA/ATAPI controllers? Or what???

--
technomann