can't establish Bluetooth connection to my mobile device

Old October 18th 07, 10:26 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Willi

Default can't establish Bluetooth connection to my mobile device

Hi!

I'm using Vista Home Premium with an internal Broadcom Bluetooth device.
When I'm trying to send a file to my mobile phone, the phone can be found, I
am asked to set a key for the transmission (on Windows), but then nothing
happens, and I get the error message "The process can't be executed because
the user is not authenticated" (Maybe it's not really that message in
English, I translated it from German) within the file transfer wizzard.

I already tried to reinstall the device drivers, but the problem's still the
same.
I know they are (were) few problems with Bluetooth and Vista.

Do you have any idea how to solve that problem?

Thank you in advance!

Old October 18th 07, 11:59 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
phypps

Sorry if this is a silly question, but
Are you entering the code on the phone when asked so as to "partner" the
device?
Even after that you may have to explicitly agree each transfer on the phone
(unless you set it to "auto / don't ask)
Not knowing what phone you have, are there any other settings that your
phone needs to accept the connection / transfer?
Another try is to look on the manufacturers website for updated drivers (I
had to do this for Belkin)
Are you trying to use proprietary phone software?
NokiaPC is very fllaky and unstable on my Vista ultimate x64 (I quite
happily use Vista built in file transfers)
I know the above is all very trivial, but its often the obvious that we
overlook.

Phypps

Old October 18th 07, 12:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Willi

My phone is the SonyEricsson P990i. It worked great with WinXP.
I'm not even asked to enter the code on my phone. It's the same problem with
the (Vista compatible) Software from Sony Ericsson. The phone is found, I am
asked to specify a code and then .. nothing happens! After a few moments an
error message is shown that the connection has failed.
There are no special settings on the phone for that. File transfers are
allowed, and before a transfer I am asked to confirm the transfer and to
choose a location.

Old October 18th 07, 12:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Dominic Payer

Try updating your Bluetooth drivers from
http://www.broadcom.com/products/bluetooth_update.php

Old October 18th 07, 04:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Willi

Hi!

I already did that. First I tried to update the drivers, then (after I
didn't work) I completely removed them and installed the newest version.

This afernoon I installed XP on a second partition. It worked without any
problem, so it is definitly a software problem...

Old October 18th 07, 07:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
John

When asked to set a key, don't. Then it should pair since the phone does not
have a key either ( I am assuming)

Old October 19th 07, 07:35 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Willi

My phone pops up the key dialog even if no key is set and that dialog doesn't
accept empty values

When using XP I'm asked to set a key in Windows and then have to reenter it
on my phone. Then they are pairing.