Old March 8th 09, 08:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Dave T.[_2_]

Default Computer won't sleep

HP Pavilion A6009N desktop
3 gigs RAM
AMD +64 dual core processor
Nvidia 9800GT Graphics
Microsoft 1000 wireless keyboard & optical mouse

Problem - Computer refuses to go into sleep mode. When I force sleep by
clicking the power button on the task bar the computer goes to sleep for
about 5 - 20 seconds and then wakes up and stays awake.

The cause; Installation of a gateway router from AT&T to provide TV and
internet service.

AT&T tech support claims no known issues with this router, yet the
computer slept just fine prior to installation of this router, and if I
power down the router the computer sleeps with no problem. This is not a
solution since the router must remain powered up to provide TV service
to my home.

I have searched the internet for a solution, and have performed all the
steps in the tutorial authored by Brink to no avail.

Looking for ideas., anyone?
--
Dave T.

You can't imagine the extra work I had when I was a god. - Hirohito,
Emporer of Japan