Old March 8th 09, 09:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Curious[_5_]

Default Computer won't sleep

Do you have wake on Lan disabled in your BIOS? Note it may be called
something different like wake on network.

"Dave T." wrote in message
HP Pavilion A6009N desktop
3 gigs RAM
AMD +64 dual core processor
Nvidia 9800GT Graphics
Microsoft 1000 wireless keyboard & optical mouse

Problem - Computer refuses to go into sleep mode. When I force sleep by
clicking the power button on the task bar the computer goes to sleep for
about 5 - 20 seconds and then wakes up and stays awake.

The cause; Installation of a gateway router from AT&T to provide TV and
internet service.

AT&T tech support claims no known issues with this router, yet the
computer slept just fine prior to installation of this router, and if I
power down the router the computer sleeps with no problem. This is not a
solution since the router must remain powered up to provide TV service to
my home.

I have searched the internet for a solution, and have performed all the
steps in the tutorial authored by Brink to no avail.

Looking for ideas., anyone?
--
Dave T.

You can't imagine the extra work I had when I was a god. - Hirohito,
Emporer of Japan