Performance and Maintainance of Windows Vista A forum for performance and maintenance tasks in Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintainance)

best backup software for Vista Home Ultimate that will allow me toselect files and folders to backup and restore

Old October 20th 07, 05:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Lisa Hetherington

Default best backup software for Vista Home Ultimate that will allow me toselect files and folders to backup and restore

I basically have 10 GB of music, 5 GB of pictures and 1 GB of documents
plus a couple of folders on my Desktop (containing downloads) that I
would like to be able to backup. I have a restore CD to restore to
factory settings...it's my data I'm worried about.

Vista doesn't let me select the files and folders I want.

I don't want to spend a lot of $$ but I do want easy backup and restore.

What are my best options?

....Lisa
Old October 20th 07, 05:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Carey Frisch [MVP]

Consider investing in a good external drive.

Example: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822148233

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Old October 20th 07, 05:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Lisa Hetherington

I have an external HD plugged into my XP desktop but Vista won`t backup
to the external HD plugged into an XP machine....I don`t want to be
switching the external HD between laptop desktop all the time...so I`m
going to use DVD`s on laptop...but want good backup software for it.

....Lisa

Old October 20th 07, 06:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Kerry Brown

I've used Acronis True Image and Novabackup with good results.

http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing...cts/trueimage/

http://www.novastor.com/pcbackup/backup/n_backup.html

--
Kerry Brown
Microsoft MVP - Shell/User

Old October 20th 07, 06:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
hamiltoncruiser

Thanks Ken for the suggestions.

....Lisa

Old October 21st 07, 12:55 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Iain[_3_]

Kerry Brown wrote:
I've used Acronis True Image and Novabackup with good results.

http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing...cts/trueimage/

http://www.novastor.com/pcbackup/backup/n_backup.html

Be aware of the following of Novasto
" NovaBACKUP does not currently support Disaster Recovery for Windows
Vista. "

Old October 21st 07, 01:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Kerry Brown

Good point. I didn't know that. I assume you can reinstall Vista, install
Novabackup, then restore from there.

--
Kerry Brown
Microsoft MVP - Shell/User

Old May 20th 10, 08:21 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
JohnnyBoy

Hey i think i found what are you looking for they don't have any
expensive prices and they offer 3gb of free online back storage and also
a free software , they are called Dmailer
http://www.dmailer.com/dmailer-backup.html , i heard a lot of people
saying this is good i also downloaded and i will test it as soon as
possible , hope it will do the trick for you.

Cheers

--
JohnnyBoy
JohnnyBoy's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/222374.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Old May 21st 10, 12:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
[email protected]

On Thu, 20 May 2010 03:21:16 -0500, JohnnyBoy
wrote:

Hey i think i found what are you looking for they don't have any
expensive prices and they offer 3gb of free online back storage and also
a free software , they are called Dmailer
http://www.dmailer.com/dmailer-backup.html ,

I'm using Mozy. It also gives you 2 gigs free.

Do a google search *online backup & reviews*. I found it interesting
Save a Tree, Save our Planet, Recycle, Think Organic

Thought of the day:
Scratch and Sniff - ²²²²²²²²²...Smells like glass, eh?