Printing problem with minolta 2300 DL

Old October 21st 07, 08:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
tlshaw

Default Printing problem with minolta 2300 DL

I recently purchased a laptop with Vista Home Premium. The printer is
connected to the wireless hub and works fine with our 2 laptops running XP. I
followed Konica's instructions for installing the printer. I can print a test
page fine. Also, in I go into printer properties as an administrator I can
print a test page. However, I can't print from any applications such as word.
I have deleted and reinstalled the printer, again following all the
instructions and using the driver for Vista.
Old October 22nd 07, 04:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

After you have installed the printer and set it as default, open Word, open
a document, then File, Print, and ensure that the printer selected is the
Konica.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

Old October 22nd 07, 12:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
tlshaw

When I tried to print, I used the print option, not quick print, and made
sure the konica was set as the printer. I tried this several times with no
success.

Old October 23rd 07, 10:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
tlshaw

I can't print from any program. I have tried printing emails, a document in
Adobe, and a web page. All with no success. The printer icon will show a
document pending, but then goes away, with nothing happening.

Old October 24th 07, 03:05 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
tlshaw

I am posting this in hopes it will help other people with similar problems. I
checked the Konica website and read the suggestion that the UAC was the
problem. I turned off the UAC and now it works fine. Why didn't Microsoft
know this?

Old October 25th 07, 02:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
[email protected]

On Oct 21, 4:54 pm, tlshaw wrote:
I recently purchased a laptop with Vista Home Premium. The printer is
connected to the wireless hub and works fine with our 2 laptops running XP. I
followed Konica's instructions for installing the printer. I can print a test
page fine. Also, in I go into printer properties as an administrator I can
print a test page. However, I can't print from any applications such as word.
I have deleted and reinstalled the printer, again following all the
instructions and using the driver for Vista.

Can you give me the instructions you used to configure vista to work
with minolta 2300DL?

Old October 25th 07, 09:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
tlshaw

Sure. Click on Start. Then double click on User Accounts and Family Safety.
You will then see a list of options under Make changes to your user account.
The last one is Turn User Account Control on or off. Uncheck the box by Use
User Account Control and click ok. You will probably get a warning message,
but just click on ok.

Hope this helps.

Old November 19th 07, 03:38 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
[email protected]

Windows Technologies - Printing & Imaginghttp://www.coribright.com/windows