Old March 15th 09, 08:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Dustin Harper

Default VISTA x64 compatable NAS?

If you go the old PC route, you can look into the Windows Home Server
platform. It is extremely simple, supports x64, does a LOT, has excellent
backup capabilities, and isn't that expensive. And the hardware requirements
aren't that high, either.

--

Dustin Harper
http://www.mstechpages.com

"stusanford" wrote in message

The Netgear SC101 will work with 32bit Vista, as well as XP, but does
not work with 64bit Vista. I tried to install the driver and it would
not install. I checked on the Netgear support site and found that the
product will not support 64bit Vista and they are not going to write a
driver. I started checking around and most NAS drives will not support
64bit Vista. A few will, but are extremly expensive (one I found cost
in the thousands). So, does anybody know of a NAS setup that will work
at a reasonable cost with Vista 64bit? I guess one option I could do is
recycle an old pc and set the drive as shared on the network.
Stu Sanford
Woodbridge, VA

--
stusanford