Old March 16th 09, 04:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
BrianB

Default VISTA x64 compatable NAS?

I'm trying to find the same answer. I have a WD My Book World Edition II 1TB
drive. It worked just fine until I added a Vista Home Premium x64 box to the
mix. Then the WD started loosing contact with the network every 2-3 hours,
requiring it to be power cycled. The WD support response was that they've
never tested it with any x64 OS. One addendum, I put it back on the network
last Friday and it has stayed connected for about 52 hours now. One
difference is that I'm not doing anything on the WD. It's just connected.

Brian Bygland

"Dustin Harper" wrote in message
What problems are you having with it? The remote interface? Most NAS's
should work with any OS, as they use standard TCP/IP as a shared drive.

Dustin Harper
http://www.mstechpages.com

"stusanford" wrote in message

Does anybody know of a Vista x64 compatible NAS that is also backward
compatible with Vista x32 and XP? My Netgear SC101 NAS is not
compatible and I need a NAS to work with all three OS flavors.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Stu Sanford
Woodbridge, VA

--