Old April 1st 09, 05:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Mike Torello

Default Battery life: CD vs. HD vs. External HD

"BrianB" wrote:

I'm going to be sitting on an airplane for too many hours. I'd like to watch
some videos on the laptop and am wondering the best way to maximize battery
life. Which uses the least power?
- Playing the DVD in the DVD drive
- Ripping the DVD to the hard drive and playing it from there (if I have
enough free disk space)
- Ripping the DVD to an external hard drive and playing it from there
- Ripping the DVD to a big memory key and playing it from there

Any suggestions? I would guess that the second option would be the best,
followed by the memory key. Don't know the trade off between the DVD drive
and external hard drive.

I'll bet there's an outlet for you to plug your laptop into.

Mine (a Toshiba) lets me play DVDs without loading Windows. Nice.