Old April 3rd 09, 07:18 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
THE C. [MS MVP]

Default Battery life: CD vs. HD vs. External HD

Poor Peter, you are "blind, trying to lead the blind." No fake MVP here. Make
it a great day.
--
Computer/Software Tech.

Charles Richmond
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

"Peter Foldes" wrote:

This person is a fake and NOT an MVP and not even close

When are you going to stop using that fake MVP moniker. Your answer are always wrong
and you are also a fraud.

Have a great day

BTW. Waiting impatiently for your reply which should be a dandy

--
Peter

"THE C. [MS MVP]" wrote in message
Mike... does it really matter? Who really cares were he reply's (top or
bottom) as long as he is willing to help the OP. Make it a great day.
--
Computer/Software Tech.

Charles Richmond
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

"Mike Torello" wrote:

"Curious" wrote:

I was not replying to you I was adding to your response by placing mine
under yours. since I did not reply or comment to anything you said.

Wow. You don't even know the difference between over and under.

"Mike Torello" wrote in message
.. .
"Curious" wrote:

Some airlines also have the connectors in coach but maybe not in all coach
rows and you have to ask when you make your reservation for a row that has
them.

When are you gonna learn to reply to the proper person?

"BrianB" wrote:

"Mike Torello" wrote in message
om...
"BrianB" wrote:

I'm going to be sitting on an airplane for too many hours. I'd like to
watch
some videos on the laptop and am wondering the best way to maximize
battery
life. Which uses the least power?
- Playing the DVD in the DVD drive
- Ripping the DVD to the hard drive and playing it from there (if I
have
enough free disk space)
- Ripping the DVD to an external hard drive and playing it from there
- Ripping the DVD to a big memory key and playing it from there

Any suggestions? I would guess that the second option would be the
best,
followed by the memory key. Don't know the trade off between the DVD
drive
and external hard drive.

I'll bet there's an outlet for you to plug your laptop into.

Mine (a Toshiba) lets me play DVDs without loading Windows. Nice.

Great thought. Unfortunately I'm told that only first and business class
have outlets. We peons travelling coach are restricted to batteries.

Hmm...

I took a short Amtrak trip recently: each group of seats had a double
outlet. It was a nice trip ;-)