Old April 3rd 09, 11:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Curious[_5_]

Default POST Error (Phoenix BIOS)

What does the specific beep code that you are receiving for you MOBO
indicate that the problem is?

"Frank-FL" wrote in message

"merkat106" wrote in message

I have updated an HP Media Center computer that I have replaced
everyhting EXCEPT the mobo and case.

Everything was working fine until the post error began.

The POST error: one short beep followed by one long beep, looping until
I turn the computer off. I tried replacing the RAM, pulling out all of
the PCI cards etc.

The computer runs a Phoenix BIOS modified by HP. The mobo is an Asus
built HP board:M2N68-LA (Narra2). I researched the error a bit and came
to the conclusion that the motherboard went bad. There have been no
surges & no visible damage to the board.

I want to know why a mobo does this for no apparent reason.

Phoenix BIOS beep codes are all in a series of four.