Old April 8th 09, 09:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Chad Harris[_8_]

Default Is there a way to install Vista on an old PC that has no DVD drives?

I found drivers that worked for peripherals, the sound card, the video card,
and the Nic cardwhen I bought a Dell Dimension 8100 in 5/01 with little
problem.. They aren't always called "Vista drivers." If he doesn't care
about Aero eye candy Glass, Peak, Shake (LOL shake is good for a late night
monologue--it just makes me laugh--I want to see a MSFT commercial from
their ad shop showing softies sitting around doing the Aero Shake LOL again)
he doesn't have to upgrade that vid card which for all I know may exhibit
Aero eye candy--either it will or it won't.

The drivers worked perfectly on Vista, and every build of Win 7 in the wild
to date although I'm using some newer peripherals now. Just because HP or
Brother or XYZ company says they aren't putting out drivers for Vista or Win
7 or Win 8-10 doesn't at all mean that their hardware won't work with
existing drivers. Sell baby is the name of the game, and sometimes these
companies pray on vulnerability that doesn't check to see if they can make
the drivers work first.

CH

"Mike Torello" wrote in message
Ant wrote:

Hmm, I'd like to avoid installing any new hardwares for an old PC and I
am only instaling Vista once.

It's quite probably that you will then have to uninstall it - IF it
will even install.

WHERE are you going to find Vista drivers for your existing hardware?