Old April 9th 09, 06:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Bill Sharpe

Default Is there a way to install Vista on an old PC that has no DVDdrives?

Curious wrote:
Win7 Beta runs fine on my over 2 year HP laptop with 1GB of Ram.
What is the native resolution of the screen on you old Dell laptop?
What happens when you try and increase the resolution?
I believe you can order a set of VISTA installation CDs from MS for a
minimal price provided you have a valid Vista retail product key.

I never investigated further. The no sound and no internet was enough to
turn me off. I already have Vista running successfully on my new Compaq
laptop with sound and internet and Aero graphics. As I mentioned, the
Dell is five years old.

I also tried installing Ubuntu on the machine. Got a completely black
screen. Gave up there, too.

Bill