Old April 10th 09, 02:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Michael_S

Default Can I disable "Grouping" in Vista's Windows explorer??

Forgive me for resurrecting a mostly dead discussion thread, but I want
to shed some light on the situation:

In the 'Details' view in Vista, the end of each column name has a tiny
section you can click for a drop down box that lets you configure the
column and column grouping. I strongly suspect that everyone who seems
to get 'Grouping' turned on at random is accidentally clicking that
column and a group option together in a fraction of a second while they
are attempting to change the column length. You cannot, as far as I
can tell, disable those column helpers.

That's definitely the problem that has been driving me crazy. I shut
off grouping for all directories, and then when I need to resize a
column to see more information I click the wrong thing and *poof* I'm
grouping in some irritating and unintentional fashion.

I can't ditch Vista, I need it for testing software compatibility.
But I have ditched explorer. Back to ye olde command prompt for all
file navigation.

--
Michael_S
Michael_S's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/88929.htm