Burning/formatting problems w/cds

Old October 27th 07, 08:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
--ks for 2008 :)

Default Burning/formatting problems w/cds

ALERT! Windows Vista Home Premium refuses to format my discs. Whenever I
try to format a disc by inserting a CD-R and clicking on that CD-R icon, the
computer begins formatting the disc, but near the end comes a warning:
"Windows cannot format the disc." No further information is offered and I
have no other choice but to hit a Cancel button.

Additionally, when burning music to my CD (either by Windows Media Player or
by RealPlayer), the process goes on as always, but when I try to play my
"newly-burned" CD, either Windows Media tells me there is no disc in the
drive or RealPlayer tells me: "RealPlayer (or RealAudio) can not find the
selected files" or something like that. I have even tried testing my
"finished product" in other CD players to no avail.

I don't understand! I have tried SEVERAL discs and not one of them has
successfully been formatted in any way. I hope there is a problem with
software and NOT with the DVD-RW drive in my notebook.

Beforehand I was always able to either save/burn to CD. Now I'm panicking.
What can I do????

Old December 27th 07, 09:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
aek

It sounds like Microsoft knows about this problem. They have something called
a hotfix. It sounds like the hotfix has not been extensively tested and could
cause other unknown problems. For now you and I cannot format cds.
--
aek

Old December 28th 07, 09:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
aek

I use i-tunes to burn music and have had no problems. I think i-tunes can be
downloaded for free.
--
aek