recovery (d) is full

Old November 15th 08, 04:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
KX250

Default recovery (d) is full

This site is for information correct? That's how I entered it “for
information/Help”?

I don’t take you direct sarcasm as a form of intelligence. So I
am assuming you don’t have the answer. So maybe you should not
interject when you need attention. Try a chat room it might help your
interacting skills.

--
KX250
Old November 15th 08, 05:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Curious[_5_]

I have no idea of how to recover what you did.
Contact your system vendor and see if you can purchase a set of recovery
disk since you delegated part of the recovery partition before you copied
the whole recovery partition to DVDs using the built in copy program.
"KX250" wrote in message

Gotcha, Once I back them up - (flash drive) do I put the file back? and
if so. How do I address the issue of the full 'D drive? I don't know
what to take out to release the drive of is full capacity

--
KX250

Old July 6th 09, 04:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Jerryjb

Default recovery hp (h:) is full

I had to restore my operating system using my restores disks and now when I
try to install Explora 7 I get a message that the disk space on recovery
ddrive hp_recovery drive h: is low, and then windows explora trys to install
and stops and I get an error message that there is not enough space to
install. Can anyone help?

I have an hp pavillion a620n computer running XP service pack 2. The
computer is about 4 years old.

Will the fix below also work for this problem on hp running XP?

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

You D: drive is most likely a small (~ 10 GB) RESTORE partition set up by your
computer manufacturer to enable you to restore your computer to a factory
shipped condition and should be left alone and not used for ANYTHING unless you
made Restore DVDs per the manufacturer's instructions.

To get rid of the low space warnings, go to Control Panel (Classic view)
Administrative Tools Computer Management (approve UAC) click Disk Management
right click on the D: drive and select "Change Drive Letter and Paths" click

the Remove button and OK the confirmation box, click OK and close Computer
Management.

This will not harm the data on the D: drive and should you need to access it
again, you can reassign the D: drive letter to it.

The low space warnings should disappear and you will not see the D: drive in
Computer or Windows Explorer.

I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"nonmon42" wrote in message
I receive a message that recover d is full and it tells me to back up files
and delete any unneeded files. When I open drive recover d all that is there
is recycle bin and that is empty When I run a system diagnostic report it
says that there is only 15% free disk space. It says to verify disk space
which I did then back up non critical files and remove from the drive. I also
did that all that is there is recycle bin then it says to perform disk
cleanup which I did. It still gives the same error when I reboot my computer.
--
nonmon42

Old July 7th 09, 01:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
DL[_3_]

You posted your Q to a Vista group, whereas you have winxp
Run MSUpdate and install critical updates and selected updates, ie IE7