Old April 16th 09, 09:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
wilbertuk[_2_]

Default "USB Device not Recognized"

Make sure that if you attemp to delete the file that it actually is
deleted. I could not delete/rename it without using a program to unlock
the file first.

just a word of caution, any program downloaded from a file sharing
site/torrent site could contain malicious malware/virus, always scan
everything with both your antivirus and malware scanner before opening.

I could still see my usb drives if i used disc management and then
explored them, but no new usb/external drives would be recognised, so i
still had access to the data on the drives, but was a pain.

cal bears advice fixed my problem so that all new drives are recognised
and all show up in "My Computer"

anyone with a similar problem should be able to see there drives by
right clicking my computer/manage/disc management

--
wilbertuk
wilbertuk's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/90336.htm

http://forums.techarena.in