Old April 23rd 09, 11:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
SIW2

Default choosing booting in partitioned HDD

phatali;1026894 Wrote:
Hey, im new here so firstly i would like to say hello
and second i hope someone can help me with a problem.

Basically im running Vista 32 bit on my hp notebook but i have some
programs that are not compatible with it yet, so i decided to partition
my hardrive and have xp on one of the partitions.

so now C: is vista D: is xp and i think F: is recovery but it was
D:

anyway the problem im having is trying to boot back into vista.....iv
gone into BIOS and had a look for booting options but it just lists the
name of the HDD and not the partitions.....Anyone know how to select
what partition you want to boot from??
Because it auto boots from the xp partition and i can see that in disk
manager but not sure how i can change it back to C:

I hope im clear enough.
Thanks
Ali

Hi phatali,

You might like to check this tutorial:

'Installing XP After Vista - NeoSmart Technologies Wiki'
(http://neosmart.net/wiki/display/EBC...XP+After+Vista)

Hope it helps

SIW2

--