Old April 24th 09, 02:27 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
renenielsen

Default MS Wireless Desktop 8000 - Vista 64 sleep

I am running a Vista Ultimate 64-bit O/S on current hardware with the
latest patches.

I use Vista's hybrid sleep to put my system down during breaks so I can
quickly recover to my working environment. This works great...at least
until this week. This week I added the Microsoft Wireless Desktop 8000
BlueTooth keyboard/mouse combo to my setup. As soon as I did this I
notice that when I hit sleep the system goes down as normal, external
signs of power go off, but after less than one minute the system wakes
up again. If I then do not interact with it the system will go to
sleep after whatever the configured timeout for sleep is in my Power
Options power plan.

I am wondering if this is a known issue (haven't found any indication
of it on the net yet) or is this just some twitchy interaction with my
hardware/software config in which case is there anything I can do about
it?

Interested in any info I can get at this point.
TIA

--
renenielsen