Vista Banter

-   Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista (http://www.vistabanter.com/printing-faxing-scanning-vista/)
-   -   HP Photosmart 7180 (http://www.vistabanter.com/81935-hp-photosmart-7180-a.html)

Mark October 29th 07 05:22 PM

HP Photosmart 7180

Hello. I purchased a laptop with Vista on it for my son. We loaded the
Vista driver for the printer. It works fine right away, but then goes off
line. I'm unable to bring the print driver back on line and the only way
I've been able to get around it is to delete the offline driver and reinstall
the printer. Why is this going on and how do you bring the printer on the pc
back on line. I am using a router in the house that other pc's have no
troubles printing. It seems to be a Vista thing.
--
Mark

Andrew Rossmann October 29th 07 08:19 PM

HP Photosmart 7180

In article ,
says...
Hello. I purchased a laptop with Vista on it for my son. We loaded the
Vista driver for the printer. It works fine right away, but then goes off
line. I'm unable to bring the print driver back on line and the only way
I've been able to get around it is to delete the offline driver and reinstall
the printer. Why is this going on and how do you bring the printer on the pc
back on line. I am using a router in the house that other pc's have no
troubles printing. It seems to be a Vista thing.

If it's USB, you can try unplugging the USB cable (makes no difference
which end), wait a few seconds, then plug it back in.

law!!
http://home.att.net/~andyross

HB October 31st 07 08:11 PM

HP Photosmart 7180

Mark, it could be a wrong Port IP address. That was my problem. Once I
fixed that it worked well.
To find your IP address go to your printer and do the following:
Press the Setup button on your printer then scroll using the arrow key and
select Network then select View Network Settings then select Print
Network Configuration Page.

On your laptop go to Control Panel - Printer - highlight the printer icon
then go to Properties. Under the Port tab click the Configure button and
make the change.

HTH,
HB

Bob Headrick November 4th 07 02:36 PM

HP Photosmart 7180

"Mark" wrote in message
Hello. I purchased a laptop with Vista on it for my son. We loaded the
Vista driver for the printer. It works fine right away, but then goes off
line.

There is a "Critical update to prevent unexpected printer uninstall" patch
available at:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...2093&lang= en

Regards,
Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging