Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

message stuck in outbox

Old April 3rd 08, 03:31 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
John Spence

Default message stuck in outbox

I have Norton and have no problems with Windows mail. That is an
unreasonable request to uninstall Norton or McAfee.

"Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM" wrote in message
"kathy777" wrote in message
I've tried all of what has been suggested here, downloaded the
recommended
fix and I still get this error message when trying to send email:
Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes
for
inactivity. Subject ' Duplicate charge ', Account: 'mail.comcast.net',
Server: 'smtp.comcast.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No,
Error
Number: 0x800CCC0F

Email scanning should be turned off in any anti-virus. Also exclude EML
files from the scan. It provides no protection not provided by the
regular resident protection.
Besides that, McAfee and Norton are not compatible with Windows Mail and
Outlook Express and should be uninstalled. The latest version of Trend's
anti-virus seems to be causing problems too.

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
www.fjsmjs.com

Old April 3rd 08, 07:04 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Gary VanderMolen

How long have you been working this newsgroup, John?
What do you know about the history of this antivirus problem?
You are a sample size of one.
--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (WLMail)

Old April 27th 08, 07:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
rudy

Thanks Gary.

Rudy

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

Try Microsoft's fix:

"Messages may be stuck in the Outbox when you use Windows Mail on a
computer that is running Windows Vista"

That page offers two download options. Unless you know for sure
you have 64-bit Vista, use the 32-bit option.
--
Gary VanderMolen [MS-MVP WLM]

"mikeskoda" wrote in message ...
I have a message stuck in my outbox that cannot be moved or deleted.Now when
I open windows mail it brings up a pop up saying you have one or more
messages in your outbox do not have a valid account specified would you like
to use your default account to send these messages ?I have to click no then
its starts send and receive
I have spoken to my ISP provider they cannot help.Help please its very
annoying and its slowing up the e-mail opperation

Old May 18th 08, 09:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Guest

"Anessia" wrote in message
What is the solution?

"mikeskoda" wrote:

I have a message stuck in my outbox that cannot be moved or deleted.Now
when
I open windows mail it brings up a pop up saying you have one or more
messages in your outbox do not have a valid account specified would you
like
to use your default account to send these messages ?I have to click no
then
its starts send and receive
I have spoken to my ISP provider they cannot help.Help please its very
annoying and its slowing up the e-mail opperation

Download and install this hotfix, with Windows Mail not running:

Although it's labelled as for mail stuck in the Outbox, it also works in
other folders. If you don't know whether you have a 32-bit version
of Vista or a 64-bit version, try the hotfix for the 32-bit version first.
Certain common antivirus programs, such as most of those from
Norton or McAfee, tend to cause stuck messages and other problems
in Windows Mail, although seldom immediately, so if you have such a
program, remember where to find the hotfix and hope it will install
again if you need it again. A recent version of the Trend antivirus
program also causes assorted problems in Windows Mail.

The Vista SP1 update contains this hotfix and more, but takes longer
to install.

The hotfix and update won't necessarily delete that message, but
should at least make it possible for you to delete it.

Old May 24th 08, 04:59 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Marie

try to download, but a window open with: "The update doesn't apply to your
system".
I try to downlaod both 32 and 64. Still doesn't work.
Thanks

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

Glad to help.

--
Gary VanderMolen [MS-MVP WLM]

"Catherine" wrote in message ...
Thanks Gary! I've been looking for a solution for MONTHS!! Yours was the
only actual post that worked. Thank you so much for sharing!

Old May 24th 08, 05:26 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Gary VanderMolen

Please describe your problem in detail.
Are there any error messages? If so, post the complete error message.

What happened when you tried to install that Microsoft fix? Did it say
something about not being suitable for your system?

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP

"marie" wrote in message ...
try to download, but a window open with: "The update doesn't apply to your
system".
I try to downlaod both 32 and 64. Still doesn't work.
Thanks

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

Glad to help.

--
Gary VanderMolen [MS-MVP WLM]

Old May 24th 08, 06:18 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Marie

When I try to send via youcam a video by mail, I have an error message :"one
or more message in your outbox do not have a valid account specified. Would
you like to use your default account to send this message?".
I answer "yes", after an another error window open with :"An unknown error
has occurred. Subject 'none', Account: 'pop.gmail.com', Server:
'smtp.gmail.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number:
0x800CCC0B".
After I'm stuck...
Thanks

"marie" wrote in message ...
try to download, but a window open with: "The update doesn't apply to your
system".
I try to downlaod both 32 and 64. Still doesn't work.
Thanks

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

Glad to help.

--