Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

message stuck in outbox

Old July 26th 09, 09:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
[email protected]

Default message stuck in outbox

"mikeskoda" wrote:

I have a message stuck in my outbox that cannot be moved or deleted.Now when
I open windows mail it brings up a pop up saying you have one or more
messages in your outbox do not have a valid account specified would you like
to use your default account to send these messages ?I have to click no then
its starts send and receive
I have spoken to my ISP provider they cannot help.Help please its very
annoying and its slowing up the e-mail opperation

Old August 1st 09, 11:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Michele

Default message stuck in outbox & Yahoo.com mail site problems

Hi gary Ive read though many of your responses and didnt find the answer I
need.. I having this same problems with the email being stuck in the
outbox...My problem is like maries I downloaded the file and ran it and it
says It dont apply to my system. I have 32 can I run the 64 ? And how did you
help that problem for Marie ??/

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

Sorry, there is no automated or mass method to return messages to
the server. You would have to resend (forward) them one at a time.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

"RWag" wrote in message ...
Yes, that is exactly what I meant (thanks) I will go and make that change so
I can still get the emails on the Yahoo.com site. Is there anyway that I can
move the emails in Windows mail back to the Yahoo.com site with out emailing
each one?

THanks oh-so-much, Gary!!! -RWag

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

If there is an accumulation of messages in the Outbox folder, open
the Outbox folder. Move as many of those messages as you can to
the Drafts folder. You can also try dragging them to the Deleted Items
folder. If any message can't be moved or deleted,
try running the various repair functions in the WMUtil program:
http://www.oehelp.com/WMUtil

If no improvement, upgrade to Windows Live Mail:
http://download.live.com/wlmail

It isn't clear to me what you mean by "I can't get my yahoo.com site to
accept the emails anymore." Do you mean that Yahoo emails
downloaded in Windows Mail are removed from the Yahoo server?
If so, you can change that default in Windows Mail: go to Tools,
Accounts, select your Yahoo mail account, Properties, Advanced,
select "Leave a copy of messages on server."

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

"RWag" wrote in message ...
Hi, Gary...

I have the same problem and I apologize if you have answered this, but it is
hard to follow some of these threads!

Stuck in Outbox, said one or more messages in your otbox do not have a valid
account specified. Would you like...etc. I did download the appropriate
file. It did say it doesn't work for my system. Apparently I already have
Service Pack 1 for my Vista system already on the computer.

So that is a problem that I can't solve.

Also another problem: I usually use yahoo.com as my email. I get to it
online. I foolishly found the Windows Mail and started playing with it and
when I set it up it took all of the mail that was in my Inbox off of the
yahoo website. I went in and try to change the email to one of my alternate
emails thinking that it wouldn't receive emails for my main E address. Well
the user name and password are the same for both so that didn't work. And
now I can't get mail out of my Outbox and I can't get my yahoo.com site to
accept the emails anymore. I have SO SCREWED UP! Can you help me?

THANKS!!

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

You're very welcome, Catherine. Thanks for reporting back.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

"maie" wrote in message ...

"Catherine" wrote:

Thanks Gary! I've been looking for a solution for MONTHS!! Yours was the
only actual post that worked. Thank you so much for sharing!

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

Try Microsoft's fix:

"Messages may be stuck in the Outbox when you use Windows Mail on a
computer that is running Windows Vista"

That page offers two download options. Unless you know for sure
you have 64-bit Vista, use the 32-bit option.
--
Gary VanderMolen [MS-MVP WLM]

Old August 2nd 09, 03:55 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Brink

Hello Michele,

You might see if the options in PROBLEM ONE of the tutorial below may
be able to help you delete this stuck message.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/62...-problems.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

--
Brink

'*MS MVP - Windows Desktop Experience*'
(https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/pr...5-AD617AF3D511)
them.*
'*Windows 7 Forums*' (http://www.sevenforums.com/)
'*Windows Vista Forums*' (http://www.vistax64.com/)

*Please post feedback to help others.*
Old August 2nd 09, 10:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Gary VanderMolen

Answered in your thread "Emails stuck in outbox.."

Please restrict posting to one thread per issue.

Old August 10th 09, 06:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Nate Rosenthal

I started this thread about two years ago and have since solved the
problem...somewhat. I set up a gmail account just for this and use that as
my smtp for outgoing mail. My regular ISP is my incoming account. For the
most part I have had no trouble. Occasionally I see things getting stuck,
but that may be more a function of my computer itself, which is six years
old.

Because the outgoing emails are coming from gmail, they will stay in the
sent box in gmail, as well as in my Outlook sent box. I go in every now and
then and clean out the gmail outbox, since I already have them saved in
outlook.

Old August 14th 09, 08:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
rnblver

Hi Gary....I have a problem where I have a message in my Draft File that is
highlighted in red (apparently a suspected problem noted by Norton
Anti-virus) and whenever I open my Draft File, my Windows Mail stops working
and usually restarts. I would like to delete the file but cannot because the
program stops as soon as I open the Draft File.

I tried the download suggested for my 32 bit Vista and was told that it was
"inappropriate"....I assume that perhaps the program is already there but not
sure.

Is this different from the problem with the Outbox issues that people are
talking about. Any help is appreciated.

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

Glad to help.

--
Gary VanderMolen [MS-MVP WLM]

Old August 15th 09, 12:03 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Gary VanderMolen

That issue is not related to the 'message stuck in Outbox' problem.
Your basic problem is that you're allowing Norton antivirus to
interact with your email program. That's a big no-no, see

http://thundercloud.net/infoave/tuto...ning/index.htm

As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus should be turned off,
although that may not be sufficient to eliminate all bad effects.
In a worst case scenario, your antivirus may need to be uninstalled.

If turning off the email scanning function does not resolve your problem,
do a trial uninstall of your antivirus. If no improvement, you can
always reinstall it. Instead of uninstalling your antivirus, consider
upgrading to Windows Live Mail, because it is less prone to
suffering bad effects from overly aggressive antivirus programs.

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/VanderMolen

"rnblver" wrote in message ...
Hi Gary....I have a problem where I have a message in my Draft File that is
highlighted in red (apparently a suspected problem noted by Norton
Anti-virus) and whenever I open my Draft File, my Windows Mail stops working
and usually restarts. I would like to delete the file but cannot because the
program stops as soon as I open the Draft File.

I tried the download suggested for my 32 bit Vista and was told that it was
"inappropriate"....I assume that perhaps the program is already there but not
sure.

Is this different from the problem with the Outbox issues that people are
talking about. Any help is appreciated.

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

Glad to help.

--
Gary VanderMolen [MS-MVP WLM]

Old August 15th 09, 12:22 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
mac

"rnblver" wrote in message
Hi Gary....I have a problem where I have a message in my Draft File that
is
highlighted in red (apparently a suspected problem noted by Norton
Anti-virus) and whenever I open my Draft File, my Windows Mail stops
working
and usually restarts. I would like to delete the file but cannot because
the
program stops as soon as I open the Draft File.

I tried the download suggested for my 32 bit Vista and was told that it
was
"inappropriate"....I assume that perhaps the program is already there but
not
sure.

Is this different from the problem with the Outbox issues that people are
talking about. Any help is appreciated.

Open WM then on the file menu, select work offline.

On the view menu select Layoutand disable preview pane.

Go to the Drafts folder and delete the message.

Any message that is in your Drafts Folder, you put it there!

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.

Old August 18th 09, 11:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Mary Jane Feldhauser

Gary You seem like someone i can trust. But i need someone to talk real
basic to me. I just, just set up my yahoo account to coincide with windows
mail. i keep getting an error 10053
inactivity. Subject 'Compass Report', Account: 'plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com (1)',
Server: 'plus.smtp.mail.yahoo.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 465, Secure(SSL):
No, Socket Error: 10053, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F
inactivity. Account: 'plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com (1)', Server:
'plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): No, Socket
Error: 10053, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

This occurs with all my outgoing mail from windows mail. Can you help me?
"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

I don't understand your distinction between an AT&T account and
an SBCglobal account. They are all the same company.

As for the error message below, it sounds like the password store for
that account has become corrupted. As a quick fix, try this:
Delete that account, restart Windows Mail, then recreate the account.
Did that fix it? More worrisome is what caused it to become corrupted
in the first place. Which antivirus program are you running?

I am an unpaid volunteer who happens to enjoy technical challenges.
Being retired, it keeps my mind sharp. :-)
--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

"Mike B" wrote in message ...
It states "One or more messages that you have tried to send.........would you
like to send it now." Then below it, it offers me to visit a link for
"community help" Which is why I am here currently. Gary, by the way, thank
you for your help. Are you responsible to help persons in here or just do it
out of your own heart?

It seems that the ATT account is now working :crosses fingers:

But the SBCGLOBAL account says " Account: 'SBCGLOBAL', Server:
'pop.att.yahoo.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR invalid
user/password', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error
Number: 0x800CCC92"

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

Is there an error message when you try to send? If so, right-click on it, copy,
then paste the complete error message into a reply here.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP

"Mike B" Mike wrote in message ...
I have too downloaded the 941090 updated. My windows automatically downloads
any recommended updates as well. I still cannot send emails from Windows
Mail. I have a sbcglobal.net and att.net domain. Anything in particular?

Old August 18th 09, 11:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
mac

"Mary Jane Feldhauser" Mary Jane
wrote in message ...
Gary You seem like someone i can trust. But i need someone to talk real
basic to me. I just, just set up my yahoo account to coincide with
windows
mail. i keep getting an error 10053
Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes
for
inactivity. Subject 'Compass Report', Account: 'plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com
(1)',
Server: 'plus.smtp.mail.yahoo.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 465,
Secure(SSL):
No, Socket Error: 10053, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F
Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes
for
inactivity. Account: 'plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com (1)', Server:
'plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): No,
Socket
Error: 10053, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

This occurs with all my outgoing mail from windows mail. Can you help me?

You should have started a new thread, instead of piggy-backing on to this
one, please do that next time that you have a problem.

To sort out your current error message you need to go to
Toolsaccountsselect your accountpropertiesadvanced taband enable the
SSL option on both Incoming and Outgoing servers.
http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mai...op/pop-14.html

Also ensure that you do not have two mail accounts with the same settings?

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.