Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

message stuck in outbox

Old January 12th 08, 11:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
JakeSwen

Default message stuck in outbox

"mikeskoda" wrote:

I have a message stuck in my outbox that cannot be moved or deleted.Now when
I open windows mail it brings up a pop up saying you have one or more
messages in your outbox do not have a valid account specified would you like
to use your default account to send these messages ?I have to click no then
its starts send and receive
I have spoken to my ISP provider they cannot help.Help please its very
annoying and its slowing up the e-mail opperation

Old January 13th 08, 12:58 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Guest

"JakeSwen" wrote in message

"mikeskoda" wrote:

I have a message stuck in my outbox that cannot be moved or deleted.Now
when
I open windows mail it brings up a pop up saying you have one or more
messages in your outbox do not have a valid account specified would you
like
to use your default account to send these messages ?I have to click no
then
its starts send and receive
I have spoken to my ISP provider they cannot help.Help please its very
annoying and its slowing up the e-mail opperation

Download and install this fix, with Windows Mail not running:

Although it's labelled as for mail stuck in the Outbox, it also works in
other folders. If you don't know whether to use the 32-bit version or
the 64-bit version, try the 32-bit version first. Certain common
antivirus programs, such as most of those from Norton or McAfee,
or a recent one from Trend, tend to cause such problems, although
seldom immediately, so if you have such a program, remember
where to find the fix - you are likely to need it again.

You should then be able to delete the messages it is complaining
about.

Old February 3rd 08, 12:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Jorge Gavidia

--
Jorge Gavidia
Aurinkor

Old February 3rd 08, 12:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Jorge Gavidia

--
Jorge Gavidia
Aurinkor

Old February 3rd 08, 01:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Filip Van Lerberge

I just fixed the same problem. Shawn gave me the solution.

Filip Van Lerberge;594751 Wrote:
I have a mail in my Mailbox Out which I can't send or delete because
there
is an error in the message and/or attachment.
How can I delete this "ghost mail" ?

Thanks

Filip

Hi Filip,

This will help show you how to fix the stuck undeletable email message
problem.

Installing the KB941090 update will just fix the problem for now. You
must stop the cause to prevent it from happening again. Read the section
titled "FIRST" in this tutorial about antivirus and anti-spyware/adware
programs to help prevent this from happening again, then install the
KB941090 Microsoft Update in the section titled "SECOND" to fix and be
able to delete the stuck message from the problem folder.

'Windows Mail problems'
(http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/62...-problems.html)

Have a great day,
Shawn

--
Brink

'*Vista Forums*'
*Please post feedback to help others.*
"Jorge Gavidia" schreef in bericht

Jorge Gavidia
Aurinkor
Finland

Old February 3rd 08, 02:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
DianeG

I had the same thing. Said the download was not for my machine . I have a
new computer with 32bit Vista on it . Have a mail stuck in my outbox. I Have
dleted all my mail addresses ... reinstalled but still there . Are there no
DBX boxes to delete in Vista ... thanks for any help
DianeG

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

Veronica, perhaps your issue is a little different. Please describe the
exact symptoms and include a copy of any error message.

--
Gary VanderMolen [MS-MVP WLM]

"Veronica" wrote in message ...
you seem to have good answers. i tried downloading the 941090 like you had
suggested but when i try to open it i get a pop-up saying that the update
does not apply to my system. any other tricks?

Old February 3rd 08, 03:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Brink

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

Veronica, perhaps your issue is a little different. Please describe

the
exact symptoms and include a copy of any error message.

--
Gary VanderMolen [MS-MVP WLM]

"Veronica" Veronica@xxxxxx wrote in message

Hi DianeG,

See if this can help you how fix the stuck undeletable email message

Old February 3rd 08, 03:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Guest

You probably need the 32-bit version of the fix, then, but also try the
64-bit version just in case. The wrong one will just refuse to install.

What if any antivirus programs do you have? Some of them cause such
problems.

Windows Mail doesn't use .dbx files. It stores mail in .eml files, but also
uses a few more extensions for such things as the index files.